Really discouraged

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wparrish1986, Oct 10, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Don't worry about the hope. It is natural and human to have a feeling of hope, even in the worst extremity and danger. You hope that the wife isnt going to find out about this today... erf... dog house city if she did...

He he he.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wparrish1986

Wparrish1986 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Also, it’s companies like PTL, TransAm, Stevens, and Western Express I’ve heard so many bad things about (leasing or not). What is your experience with them?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm not familiar with "tenstreet". Maybe tenstreet is filtering out your applications before letting the companies know you applied. Apply directly to the company on their website.

Dan.S and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'd work for them as a stepping stone to something better in the future. My first company was worse than any of those, then after 2 or 3 months other companies started offering me jobs. For example, Carolina Cargo; most drivers with felonies or ex-cons, only work there a few months, then move on to something better. Other companies will take notice that they proved themselves by hanging in there for 2 - 6 months.

x1Heavy and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    In your case it shouldn't matter what the company is like,if they wanna hire you then take it.

Dan.S and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Wparrish1986

Oct 2, 2017
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Most company’s applications go straight to tenstreet. I follow up with them anyway so I know they got it and go over it haha

x1Heavy and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why do you need pre-hires? Does the state WIOA want them or the school want them?

Mudguppy, x1Heavy and Wparrish1986 Thank this.
  9. Wparrish1986

Oct 2, 2017
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It shouldn’t matter? People are claiming they’re getting paid 200-400 a week after driving 2000+ miles. I would say that matters

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Wparrish1986

Oct 2, 2017
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The school suggested it and I agreed because I don’t want to waste my time and money if I can’t get hired anywhere. Anyway, it’s called Driver Pulse by tenstreet and they handle all of those “intelliapps” most companies use to apply.

x1Heavy and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Stevens Transport has school right there in Pittsburg. Maybe drop by and ask about it. Pretty sure you'll have to agree to work for Stevens 12 months for the school to be free. They offer free cdl school for a commitment of 12 months I think it is.
    Our Pittsburgh CDL Training Location
    1200 Lebanon Rd., Suite 101 | West Mifflin, PA 15122

Due to dynamic growth, Stevens Driving Academy has partnered with All-State Career School to offer a company sponsored CDL Training in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our strategic partnership allows new drivers the opportunity to take advantage of employer based training while earning their Commercial Drivers License. Once on the road, the graduates of our satellite training program earn up to $50,000 in their first year and $70,000 in their third year.
    Our industry leading Pittsburgh CDL training program will place your professional driving career on the fast track. In addition to helping students receive their CDL, certified professional trainers teach new drivers the industry best practices to help them become the best and safest drivers on the road. Our students receive the time and attention needed to help them succeed in our highly effective and fast commercial driving school.

x1Heavy and Wparrish1986 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.