Redimix

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by TruckDriver01234, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Peplow

Peplow Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Ontario
    I look forward to meeting you.

Pete
    Truck 69

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDriver01234

TruckDriver01234 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Just so everyone should know, this isn't even remotely comparable to driving tractor-trailer, it's a completely different animal. There's lots to be aware of when driving these trucks--very high center of gravity, the churning in addition to the sloshing of the mix in the drum--all make for a lot of instability. In addition, there's a lot of waiting/sitting time at job sites, etc. Lots of BS to put up with at building sites--you have to have a thick skin and know how to communicate effectively with these people--you're contracted to deliver the load and that's it. From my understanding, the company has your back in most cases. If all anyone is looking for is another driving job, I don't think they will like it regardless of the money. I didn't know any of these things going in but it's the challenge and the attention to detail that now peaks my interest. Sitting in a truck and going from point A to be point B really doesn't cut it for me anymore

Also, when I said people start at different rates depending on experience, I may be wrong on that. There were people there who are getting different rates but I think it's because they are in areas outside the Toronto area. So some are starting at 27 or 28.

Overall, this is a good job and an opportunity that shouldn't be taken for granted because there are very few jobs out there that can pay this well and have you home at the end of the day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.