Report broken down roadside

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Trucking in Tennessee, Aug 7, 2018.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I know right. Considering where they broke down was only 120 miles away from Chattanooga. Covenant could ve towed them a different truck versus being broke down on side of road

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Today's list
    Fed Ex (always doubles unless otherwise noted)
    Knight (4 ways on and triangles out, I was impressed)
    Western Flyer Express
    National (van lines)

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Worse I ever saw was a person broken down barely on fog line laying under truck with legs out in travel lane. In the dark, I had nightmares that night of running over the legs and exploding the head off.

Pumpkin Oval Head Thanks this.
  5. Numbnuts69

Numbnuts69 Light Load Member

May 25, 2018
    Me. Technically I am roadside because I can see I 94 from where I am sitting. Pulled into the Speedway in Mattawan MI. and on to the CAT Scale. Shutdown the trukk as usual because I am a gentleman. Gave the lady my trukk number,got bakk into the trukk to start it and pull off the scale and sure as shooting the trukk refused to start. Gave a half hearted crank at first and now nothing. Currently sitting on said CAT Scale looking stupid and waiting for road side assistance. If I ever needed a lesson in humility,this is it. Depending on how you look at things the saddest or funniest part about this is Friday is supposed to be my last day with this company. Maybe it's a sign from above. To anyone this may have inconvenienced I am very truly sorry. If anyone is in the area stop on by and I'll buy you a soda or a beer. Lord knows I could go for one right about now. This breakdown gets an R and a 4. Be safe out there y'all.

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Saw a guy today going south on 85 with the flashers on. He was pulling a Schneider trailer. Brand new red Freightliner. Bet he leased it. Hope he's enjoying the pride of ownership.

Also on 85, a USA truck got his trailer ripped open in heavy traffic.

Saw a Rosedale Group on the side and a couple of Werners.

7. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Could have been a new Watkins Shephard as well

8. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    You should really be making a note of the truck makes and the eras / years. Some truck built in 2012-2013 are just now starting to become 'regen nightmares'. I've driven older Freightliners that needed parked regens on the side of the highway once every day and a half. And each regen would take a good hour to 90 minutes. Talk about dangerous. If anyone knows me, he knows I didn't put up with that long. It gets fixed or it gets parked.

Puppage and Trucking in Tennessee Thank this.
  9. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    PS--The MaxxForce Internationals are the WORST for needing Parked Regens.

10:00 am -- "Parked Regen Needed"
    10:02 am -- Pull over, start the regen
    11:15 am -- Regen done
    11:17 am --start driving again
    11:30 am -- "Parked Regen Needed"
    11:32 am -- Pull over, call shop
    11:45 am -- shop finally answers, says a parked regen is 'normal'

Smut Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Well it’s either that or have the truck catch fire! Gotta love those “MaxxFarce” engines,they’re nothing but glorified boat anchors!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.