Roehl lease option program

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Michelle Trull, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Michelle Trull

Michelle Trull Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Thanks. That makes a lot of sense

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    My apologies for referring to you as "he" instead of "she":oops:

4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Freight would probably help also...

5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    The economy is crashing..Im just gonna start a repo business.

Michelle Trull Thanks this.
  6. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    For what it's worth I came into trucking after a 20 yr career in business and I wouldn't even think about leasing until you have a year on the road making sure you like the lifestyle and getting an idea of what freight you might want to haul.

Take any opportunity to talk with experienced o/o drivers and get an understanding of what they are seeing and what's working for them. This will help you inform your decision. Good luck in your new career, I hope it works for you.

Michelle Trull Thanks this.
  7. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    APU " s a luxury ?
    Seems to me it's logically sound having one. Use it don't abuse it and inside of 2 yrs it'll pay it's self off at a cost of 10K. By not abusing it , using it while you go take a shower , have breakfast and watch the morning news , it'll last a whole lot longer, and after that payoff period it's a nice pay increase.
    Most APU avg about a gallon per 8 hrs use. Put that up against Idling a gallon an hr. And it's no brainer for me , I care not how nice that truck is and what extras it has , no APU no go. Not with me.
    I've seen owner ops sleeping in the driver lounges to avoid idling through a night the low temp goes down only 83 degrees with high humidity. Forget that.

8. TB John

Dec 28, 2008
    The majority of trucks on the road don't have APU's drivers have, are, and will do without them. If they were truly cost effective every truck in US would have one. Yes they sound like something that would be great to have. In other cases it's just one more thing to break down. If you have a problem with it, and even if the repairs are covered under warranty, it's still something that will take you off the road and that costs money.

9. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    I believe it's becoming a generational question, those who have been out on the road have learned to cope w/o and APU - and for many o/o they don't need the expense or hassle.

As a company driver, most top end companies have a focus on fuel economy so APU's are commonplace, I agree the TV and satellite radio are luxuries, but unless you are buying the truck yourself then I would expect an APU to be on my truck.

10. TB John

Dec 28, 2008
    Fridges, satellite TV, APU's, huge inverters, automatic transmissions, as much mini motorhome as truck.:biggrin_25525:

11. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    anybody knows more about them I feel like taking a break from old trucks and trying the lease to purchase with the pick your freight with them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.