Samsara log edit

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Dna Mach, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I can longer edit my logs. Verified with my company that the edit feature was not disabled. Spoken with a few other drivers that can still edit their logs. Running an iPhone and am thinking it’s a recent update that messed it up. Tried the delete and redownload as well.

Anybody running an updated iPhone with samsara? If so can you verify that logs can be edited? As soon as I hit edit and then select the duty status I want to change it too, the blue certify bar at the bottom grays out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jimkas

jimkas Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2023
    Samsara let’s u edit drive time etc ? I’m using motive and u got me curious to be honest.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I know you said you reinstalled it, but have you actually signed out? Not close and restart, or anything like that, but actually tap the sign out button? I've ran in to two issues so far that a true log off and sign in will fix it. Not the issue you've had, but worth a shot.

5. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I tried that originally and no dice. However their tech support did get back to me and discovered that the problem was that my phone date/time was not set to automatically update. Switched it on and that fixed it. It’s always been off as I prefer to adjust in my head. I never trust my phone to automatically update when switching time zones. Must have been a recent update with Samsara.

6. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    No drive time edits. I never touch my logs until the end of the day. By the end of the week I usually have 8-12 hours of on duty not driving. In the rare event that I come close to my 70, I will trim down my on duty time used during 30 minute breaks by editing off duty thus preserving my available drive time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.