Schneider Bedbugs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ExOTR, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ...And making do in that case would be well worth it. No paycheck justifies sitting in that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll quit before touching such a tractor. Schinder has 15,000 of them by Gawd and it's shameful they issue a infested bedbugged tractor.

That also tells me someone is a slob. I like to know where in world that slob lived near so I can take appropriate measures to defend Hearth and Home with Fire and Sword.

4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Yeah another puke moment ... Wtf is wrong with Schneider ... Judas priest!

AM14 Thanks this.
  5. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I would have but that WAS the good seat. The passenger seat looked like it got cut open at customs or something. That or they had a pet wolverine, I don't know. Sure smelled like that was the case. Some weird things must've gone on in that truck. The QC had about a dozen messages telling the driver that the truck had been reported stolen and she must stop immediately. Chock full of HOS violations too. I thought for sure I was going to get pulled over because the truck was involved in a hit and run or something. Crazy stuff going on at the angry pumpkin.

x1Heavy, KillingTime and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What I do when I discover a stack of criminal messages going back and forth between the stranded fired angry homocidal driver that I just took the tractor away from... making sure the rantings are not deleted in QC just yet.

Usually a local police station, pull in, find a detective, slowly and calmly explain my role as a collections agent picking up tractors and trailers sometimes from drivers who have been fired by the company and then started off easily enough with Rantings that contain some valid threats; especially if one of the dispatchers say that the Law is wanting that particular truck, I don't want the Law to slap cuffs on me or run me into the ground because Im just a company agent sent to recover the #### thing.

after everyone chills sufficiently Im free to go take the truck back as usual without fear of the Law standing on my jaw or something.

Sometimes Ive wondered what it will take to break into teh field of heavy truck recovery, I don't know too much other than here is a story, the last known location and if you get it back you have a few large G stacks waiting. I think it's a fun way to go to work.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Good way to get used as a target too...

KillingTime, x1Heavy and spyder7723 Thank this.
  8. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    My experience with bed bugs was while I was at K&B out of South Sioux City, NE. I had stopped at the Flying J in Denver. While I was parked a car hauler backed into my truck and destroyed the front end punching a hole in the oil pan. And then he took off. Dash Cam could not make out the license plate. But clearly showed not my fault. I was asleep in the bunk.

So, I called and they got it into a shop but I had to pay for a hotel. Since they were going to pay me back, I decided to keep it cheap. Normally, I don't do cheap. So, I stayed in a Motel Six which was across from something that had the phrase Medical Recreational. I couldn't figure out what that was. Must have been some kind of insurance company. I took my extra pillows into the place, as I need pillows. You get use to sleeping with a fat wife and next thing you know, you need 4 pillows.

I stayed there for three days. On the third day they wanted the room. I ask why. They said that since they were the closes motel to the Denver Airport people from all over flew in and booked that motel for weekends. I have no idea why. They said it had something to do with getting high in Mile high? Anyway it seems that lots of people show up and stay in the same room and those people tend to big bed bugs with them. My truck was infested when I returned my sleep gear to the truck.

I used bug bombs to kill the bed bugs to no effect. Wife got online and spent $2000 on a machine that you put all your stuff in it and it heats it up. Also we now have bed bug proof mattress covers. And I am forced to strip in the garage before I come into the house. Straight to the shower.

The problem with stripping in the garage is once the neighbors saw me and I had to sign autographs for the next 3 hours.

KillingTime, x1Heavy and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  9. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I thought about that, and after being out here awhile, no way, no how.

10. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Lmao... a wolverine!

Which, after much the same experience at a Super 8 in West Virginia, I now have a bed bug procedure for any motel I stay at now. It involves placing all my gear on the bathroom counter or in the tub when I first enter the room. Then strip down buck-### naked and put my clothes in the tub too.

Next, I peel the top sheet and blanket down to the bottom of the bed, hop into the middle of the mattress and wait...

It doesn't take very long, if they are hiding in the mattress, for them to know you are there and come running for dinner. You'll see them come up over the edge of the bed like Somali warlords when a food aid truck arrives.

That's when it's time to grab your #### and checkout... preferrably not still naked.o_O

KB3MMX and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ugh.

If you really want a trip to the land of knowledge of all things cleaning, grab a special light that makes a purple conversion to our eyes and highlights anything on the floor, walls or bed fluids.

I usually aim one inside the closet in the sleeper and discover the previous driver kept a pee bottle there. I recall aviation specific devices made for that for both men and women with the anatomy correct connectors and very strong containers so no splash. I don't understand why drivers today throw a discarded water bottle for that work.

There was one hotel near Amesbury Mass in the old saloon truckstop up there off 495 in which they handed you a room key and shower ticket. Off you go. (*This is the one with the 50's era fuel pump that fills 100 gallons every 45 minutes or so) not the big one on US 1.

Opened door above the saloon and diner and found a moving carpet of ####roaches, all of them about the size of my pack of cigerettes. Yes a moving carpet.

My second thought past the wtf omfg was that those rooms were above the diner downbelow in which people cooked food for me earlier. And I sat below that living floor eating my food for a hour.

I never did go back. Even today if I had a route through there for Sysco or something I couldnt go through there, even after it burned. There is no way.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.