ShipEx salary

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Reynolds97, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Reynolds97

Reynolds97 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Hey everybody! I’m William, and I’ve been driving for a year and a half for Prime Inc. out of Springfield, MO. As good as it started, things are starting to stall. Specifically the pay and miles. I’m currently searching for a better opportunity, and have been looking into several different companies. I’ve been very hesitant to jump ship, because I don’t want to move somewhere and have an even worse experience than what I’m experiencing now. I’m looking for a place to stay for the long term, and was hoping some of you drivers out there could give me some honest feedback on ShipEx out of Salt Lake City, UT. The good, and the bad. I’ll list some questions below, and hopefully some of you guys can help me out. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks- William R.

1. What does that $1,154 salary come out to after taxes? Is it the same for everyone? Or does it vary?

2. How long are the trips? Are they really as long as their website states? (1,400-1,600 miles)

3. Is optimized idle hard to get used to? I’ve heard through the grapevine that it isn’t nearly as comfortable as having an APU. What has your experience been like with optimized idle? I see ShipEx trucks all the time, but have yet to see an APU installed on any of them. Are APUs even a thing out at ShipEx?

4. Is there anything that I should be aware of that you weren’t informed about before hire? I just want to be as prepared as possible should I decide to make this switch at the start of next year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2015
    1) Rate of pay is taxed differently by state income tax rates, and what you claim, so net per driver is different.

2) Average is Right Around 1400-1600 per trip.
    3) The Salary is Great for me because of having a family and it’s a peace of mind for the wife knowing the bills are paid. We have fully loaded trucks, not stripped down versions, most all have Table And Chairs, Refrigerator, Heated and Cooled seats.

Unless My Settings are off, my Opti Idle works just like an APU, I watched YouTube vidoes on it, I don’t have issues.

I really don’t have much bad to say because if there truly was bad points I wouldn’t be here, Bonuses are up and down, however I calculate my Bills off of Salary Not Bonus because Bonus isn’t promised.

4. Reynolds97

Reynolds97 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Hey Jason, thanks for the info! With miles like that every trip, what could a driver expect to get monthly? What have you been seeing?

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  6. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    They are not hiring drivers at the moment. There is a waiting list for employment... go look on their website

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.