Slow freight

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Orange713

Orange713 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    End of the fiscal year for most companies is October. It slows down but it we be back normal after the holidays.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It's been slow.

Slower then the last 3 years I've been hauling for the same company. And we're local.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    We're semi slow, but I'm staying steady. I know from the Heniff guys I've talked to things are slow there. The tank wash in Channahon is like an accordion, MT one day, slammed the next. I can't figure it out. Seems the plastic guys & hard shell are running full steam ahead.

5. Orange713

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    I ran a load of plastic the other day drop and hook just got to get use to the trailer ride

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  6. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    And the length! o_O

Orange713 Thanks this.
  7. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Oct is shaping up to be slow for me. I did one load this week and wont move another until Tuesday. I did my usual two runs last week but only one the week before that. The plant is still taking the usual amount its just need to share the freight when there isn't enough to go around. August and September were both real busy and then it just dropped off.

Orange713 and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  8. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    Having said what I said earlier, I must admit things seem quite slow. Some of that is surely due to our nearest Dow plant closing (Charlotte), but still...

Mortarmaggot and Orange713 Thank this.
  9. Orange713

Sep 14, 2013
    Houston, tx
    I pulled one of the long ones that shaped like a root beer barrel weird to say the least

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  10. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    The entire Colonial plant only loaded 4 trucks today in Wilmington. That's a rarity. Luckily PCS loads out of Aurora are fairly steady.

I offload tomorrow and then head back to the barn. We'll see how long it takes to get a system load after this.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  11. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I've been staying busy in food grade. I've been working weekends and not turning down any loads, though. Can't speak for the rest of the terminal.

Food grade gets progressively slower as Thanksgiving approaches, then comes to a screeching halt around the holidays.

Then we pick back up after Jan 1st.

I have noticed the loading lines are shorter lately, though.

Mortarmaggot and Orange713 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.