Sweet cabover I spotted during the summer time.

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 26, 2011.

1. rodzilla

rodzilla Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2010
    white mountain lake, az
    There a lot to be said for cabovers looks. I driven several over the years. But I don't miss em a bit. If you've ever tried to sleep over the dog house you'll know why. Walk in condo is much more comfortable

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    If they made that big KW bunk without the dog house, it would be an ideal truck. I always liked how the access felt with the ladder to the driver's door on a KW. And the visibility from the seat was better than any other truck I have driven. I also liked the big steering wheels.
    But I must confess I like to be able to stand in my 780 between the seats and in the bunk, something I could never do in a cabover. Getting dressed laying down always stunk!

4. fat albert

fat albert Light Load Member

I know alot of people do not like them but Ihave driven some that ride as good as some conventionals.

5. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    The last of the us cab overs had flat floors , so they were as spacous as the condos. Came close to buying a 03 frtl argu . Only had 380k on it . Pre egr detroit and as mush room asthe columbia condo . Drove several coe in the past , talk about backing machines with set back axles ! That one was to good on fuel?

6. sebo

sebo Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    camarillo,ca
    i love cabovers European (maybe cause i grew up riding in one) and american here are some pics of the one that is parked not that far from me, every time i drive by on the freeway i can see it and always look its direction to look at it. One day decided to stop by and take some pictures, sorry for the quality those are phone pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lokix and Hitman Thank this.
  7. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Nice,I have a 2000 EG Classic, 95'' kit and other engine goodies making 105hp/110tq.
    Hmmm......... bowtie guy? you a Chevy guy too?

8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Yes, I have a 06 Chevy Silverado. 3500 single rear wheel with duramax.
    Rear wheel dyno 532hp and 1055ft lbs of torque. Quarter in 12.92 seconds.

Didn't get out too much this year thought. The bike is my new fun, truck gets me to and from work. :yes2557:

9. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    I like that truck, but on a side note if anyone has any interest in that Harley, for the right price I might be able to tell you where it's parked for the winter months :p

I actually tried snappin a pic of a sexy KW COE at the pass the other day bowtie guy for ya, but it was too darned dark out!

10. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    #### that's fast for a big O'l pickup!
    Faster than my '93 Z28 runs in the 1/4 lol.
    My car has tall gears and a stock motor though,tops out around 150mph and gets an amazing 28-29 mpg highway @ 60-65mph.
    Back in the day I had a bunch of different Chevys,had a '69 Camaro 427/4spd I wish I still had.
    It's been Chevys and Harleys for me for a long time,love my bike'n.:biggrin_25525:
    Over 1/2 million miles on 2 wheels so far and have owned 5 H-Ds among other bikes.

A couple of my current rides.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Li'l gas miser get to work truck
    [​IMG]

Big O'l real truck for when I need to haul or it snows 3 feet.
    [​IMG]

7122894003481 Thanks this.
  11. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    Love to see one of the "Old Girls" motoring down the road, showing "the kids" how it's done. Spent most of my trucking life with COE's and the quality/durability always was head and shoulders above today's Plastic Computer Toys.

BTW, regarding the "BJ and Bear" clones. I'm almost as sick of those as the "General Lee's". Onliest thing I wanna know about BJ was what they used for paint. Drive that flatnose thru a cinderblock walls and not only was it not scratched but not even a speck of dust onnit. Must been created by the same shop that made those "never reload" chrome six-shooters that killed whole tribes of Injuns (but never their horses) with one shot (no visible wounds either).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.