SWIFT name change?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JimDucan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    its probably for tax purposes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    the rumor mill never stops spouting how "Swift is on the block for sale." It won't happen, Jerry would shut the doors before he would let anyone have his "baby"!

Personally, depending on where you live, my choice between the two would be Swift....keep in mind, training companies are only differentiated by the color of the truck (old theory)...just get your start and make informed choices later on as your experience level grows!

the corporate umbrella that once was Swift and several others under "Saint Corp", was consolidated to "Swift LLC"...this happened back when this thread started, 2010.

Internal transportation "divisions" is no different than the separate "departments"...i.e., payroll, HR, Safety, Recruiting, but they are all under the same ownership and corporate breakdown.

4. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Just what are these " bad habits " you speak of ??

5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    Very simple...

Violation of HOS rules...over 11, over 14, pushing the limits and attempting to "crunch" down the actual hours/time driven to a "perfect" running day after the fact. (on paper logs)

Maintenance issues, both by company and by driver. Also with CSA, "technically" when you get a flat, you aren't supposed to "limp it in" to a repair facility, but call for on road assistance....not just a blow out, but a loss of air causing loss of bead.

running without a medical card, without a valid CDL...

6. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    those don't sound like bad habits..Maximizing your hours or limping it in is just part of getting the job done..now sleeping & buying lot lizards and being late all the time is more like a bad habit but rather enjoyable..

7. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    Yeah, I get ya....but "the times they are a changing"....someone must be holding another someones hand or the government doesn't think it is safe!

8. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    I'd be okay with that.

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.