Swift trainee program

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Lc88, Aug 12, 2014.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    As long as you guys are eating your prunes, you'll be regular ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Started before them and u I think? I'm an oldster here....only have six weeks left on my lease per swift IEL

4. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    That .82 is after maintenance and he be pushing 1.75 for all miles this year he might be getting close to .90 have to ask for his P&L statement have him black out the personal information ill be home in 5 days (ish)
    But we all now how that can be trying to get home

5. Shotta1981

Shotta1981 Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    When u go to get your hazmat u have to finger print at the twic office so tell them u want to do fingerprints for both hazmat and twic trust me good to have I can go anywhere with no problem pick and choose how much money I want to make without buying a trucks so getting all the endorsement pays off

OceanDan Thanks this.
  6. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010

TWIC OR Transportation worker identity card. Is a card that gets you in sea ports. Not a really must have imho, when 1st starting out unless you hauling containers.

OceanDan Thanks this.
  7. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Have you decided what you are going to do about your truck yet??

8. OceanDan

OceanDan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Rock Hill, SC
    So I may not need it right away, but what's the detriment to getting it right away? I guess I'm one that feels, "get it all done once!". Unless the upfront cost is prohibitive, while I'm at the DMV, just get it all done. Please shed some light for me if this is convoluted thinking.

9. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Just can't go to any dmv to get TWIC card. When I got mine I had to go to a separate office fill out paper work. But it might have changed I got them when they 1st out I was on a dedicated run pick up at port in Gulfport, MS and new Orleans. At time it was 135 bucks. And have to renew every 4/ 5 years unless that has changed let mine expire in 2013

10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Unless you are planning on doing port work I would not worry about it. I looked into it one time and found that I would have had to travel from Columbus, OH to either Cincinatti or Cleveland to get it. Not worth it.

11. OceanDan

OceanDan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Rock Hill, SC
    We have an office right here in Rock Hill, it's only about a mile or so from the DMV office. I may be "retentive" about preparation but I'd much rather get it all done once and not have to worry about making time to go get more documents. I'm NOT happy any time I have to go sit in an office waiting on a <ahem>..........public servant.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.