Tail Gaiting

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by aussiejosh, Aug 25, 2010.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I noticed the last couple of weeks PK's Truck-driving school has put on some of there trainer trucks with shipping container logo's the emphasis on tail gating remember the 3 second rule i take my hat off to you guys at PK's for having the guts to speak out about a very very dangerous driving tactic. Like i said in a previous post whats the difference between tailgating and holding a gun to someone's head? The main difference would be if someone held a gun to someone's head they'd have the TRG police unit out quite swiftly wouldn't they. Other than this my concern is whats to stop someone taking the law into there own hands and meting out some punishment on these tailgating murderous scum-bags. Its abit like the movie Death Wish you just give up on hoping that the authorities will do anything and take matters into your own hands. What will it take before someone gets seriously hurt?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Time travel.

You would have to travel back in time to a time before anyone got seriously hurt. This insane habit has hurt,maimed and killed many.

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Seems this is a universal problem - its absolutely no different in the US.

I usually start slowing down - a couple of kmh a step - until I reach their "tolerance" limit and they decided to pass me.

jimmys Thanks this.
  5. mrrolly

mrrolly Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    The latest one is "shepherding"...where a group of trucks sit so close to each others ### and tear through the Safe-T-camera sites so their number plates don't get recorded. God knows why you'd waste your time (and the chance of a multi vehicle crash should something go wrong) doing stupid crap like this....But the authorities are meant to be watching camera points and curbing it....but fat lot of good it will do as guys just report it over the UHF and they don't do it.....

*goes back to plodding along at 100Km/h and staying legal*

Rolly

6. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I thought we'd change the theme abit things have gotten a little serious it just saves starting a new thread although i haven' t stopped hating tail gaters there murderous scum . However hows everyone feel about the Australian Cricket team they drew the 1st test , where absolutly hammered in the 2nd test could only take 5 wickets. I'm not sure whether changing players is the answer it really looks like they have a real attitude problem maybe there need a motivational speaker to pep them up Zig Ziglar to the rescew please. Seriously if they don't get there act together there going to get absolutly flogged 5 nil. Maybe Warne should come out retirment after all just like bobby simson did in the late 70's when the world series cricket had taken all the cream from the top. Just my thoughts of course.

7. mrrolly

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well Josh, we've had rain, rain, rain, and more rain, a great sign that the drought has finally broken

But it looks like we've run into another kinda drought.....

"Cricket" :biggrin_25514:

Yep Yep, time to dust the cobwebs off Warnie and bring him back....doubt it will happen but it'd be good to see him back in action

8. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Any day Australia gets beaten at cricket is a good day.:biggrin_2559:
    Before you get too offended it is a bit of a back handed compliment.
    Its just the same if the Kiwis get beaten at rugby.
    I always support the underdog if the Seffas aren't playing.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  9. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Na us aussies are a pretty tough bunch matey if you give it you got to take huh yeah its a pretty good day when we beat the Kiwi's at Rugby its amazing though how they've dominated the game where as with cricket it seems to go through various fazes of dominance with different countries i beleive India are now #1 on the world rankings. Anyway it was good to see the aussies bounch back in the 3rd test i really thought it was there over all attitude which was the over welming problem rather than lack of good players. However i still beleive that Ponting was deserving of the critizim he received he is the Australian Cricket captain and it goes with the job as they say " if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen"

:biggrin_25525:

10. aussiejosh

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Hey i just got a great suggestion for tailgaters you keep a bottle of Coke and when someones on your tail you gently pour out some of the contents which with the wind turbulance should end up all over old scumbag tailgaters windscreen followed by some powery substance should really give them something to think about hey! :biggrin_255:

11. mrrolly

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    LOL - wish I had of read this earlier. Came over to Adelaide thursday night Josh and had 2 of these morons in B Doubles sitting 2 inches off me date, pissing down rain...and you think theyd pass? Heck no...dopey twits...call em up to say i'll back off and let em pass....THREE ^&&%$ing times...and they still sat there. So wind it down to 80km/h....they soon go round ya, only to get stuck behind the truck in front of me !!!!. Idiots - and they wonder why truckers get such a bad name on the roads !!!!. At least the trip to Perth will be better.....less cowboys out that way.

Hey grab a copy of the June "Owner Driver" next time you're at a roadhouse and have a peek in the "your say" - sounds like some guys had enough of cowboys and ready to blow the whistle on some Transport company for "cowboy attitude" on the roads !!!! (Video evidence and GPS locations are pretty hard to deny)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.