Trainco program questions (Schneider)

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by enjoi, Jun 15, 2018.

1. enjoi

enjoi Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Chinatown, do you know if Trainco doe OTR with a trainer? That's one big thing I'm really trying to find out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trainco is the cdl school. You won't be with a trainer until you graduate and choose a company to work for.
    Your driving with Trainco is just part of the curriculum and will probably just be local with a little highway and interstate thrown in.

4. enjoi

enjoi Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Right, I'd be signing up with Schneider. After the 4 week program at Trainco, I go to Phoenix for 3 week orientation with Schneider. Is this when I would possibly ride with a trainer?

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, that's when you ride with a trainer.

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You are like that guy on Pawn Stars- the beard of knowledge.

7. LeavinHome2018

LeavinHome2018 Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Hay man, I'm an almost total noob ( to quote someone else here).
    Just wondering where i guy like me whose got a clean record ( in all respects ) and used to have his own (small time) big box truck moving co. and used to be a porter at a bus company ( i.e. parked and drove large vehicles to and fro ) So semi familiar with big trucks but never drove a tractor trailer set up.
    But a guy really down on his luck and lost almost everything and needs to start over somewhere and again I'm really hurting for money.
    Where should a guy like me who lives in California ( and could really care less if i leave this place) where could / should I go as far as a fair place to work that will pay for you trainging one way or another and not totally screw you in the process.
    Does that Jim Palmer place train folks like me.
    and any other advice.

8. LeavinHome2018

Jun 20, 2018
    No . I do not.
    But i do have a clean record.
    Looking for a good school or a Good Company willing to train in exchange for you working for them for a bit.

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Knew a guy around running box trucks looking for help. Says he's making a fortune but can't find decent drivers.

10. LeavinHome2018

Jun 20, 2018
    Looking for Tracker Trailer training. Is that what your saying? sorry for not understanding

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.