Trip planning...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Pedigreed Bulldog, May 30, 2018.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    They were better in black and white. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    You may relate

4. jodyj54

jodyj54 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2018
    I thought this site was for truckers and intelligent information-but it seems some of you use it like facebook or some other chat site. What does a baby with baby photos really have to do with someone looking for intelligent, trucker related quesitons and comments?

5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Oh boy , here we go.

6. vavega

vavega Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    maple shade, nj
    because this
    has more thoughtful, intelligent information than this...

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a lighter side. You have to lighten up on things sometimes. If we were so dry sourpusses buried in rules, regulations and FMCSA etc etc etc all the time, there would be no way to be alive in this website.

I don't mind that a poster does these things now and again posting baby pictures doing trucking related stuff. Way ahead of those of us who are too unable to lighten up francis as it were to borrow a movie term from decades ago.

Facebook is finished, as time passes the scale and sheer chutzpah it has been hiding for so many years has been coming out lately. YOU are the exploitable product when involved in facebook and to what gain? I experimented with it a few years and found that it divides close friends and sometimes breaks up families. If not also in my case introduces more enemies than you can shake a stick at. Its literally a liability to life. It has no value.

But here? In a forum where sometimes people are in need of pretty serious questions that totally impacts their future in trucking, if any? Or worse? Life and Death? It is good that the members do these things with small activities. I bet you when the kid gets large enough to reach the clutch or knows where the automatic buttons mean, and reach the brakes, he'll be moving a semi around a field long before most young ones are introduced to the kindergarten.

If your days are so dark that you cannot at least crack a smile at the idea that a infant can navigate the USA with a big truck and a motor carrier atlas with big pictures no less... then you need to find a way to get some sunshine back into your world before it eats you up.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Have you ever noticed that those "My husband" threads, are 99% of the time, incredibly pathetic. The problem is always the same, Tammy Wynette, your husband is NOT a Man.

9. Summit23

Summit23 Light Load Member

May 24, 2009
    KY

Attached Files:

kwswan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.