Western express

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Samarquis, Nov 25, 2020.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I started over there as a rookie flatbedder, and at that time, I had really good training on lpad securement. There were multiple guys who knew their stuff. I had a trainer that was very good too. If a driver goes to Western, that driver will know how to secure anything because they will put anything on a flatbed. I dont know if a rookie flatbedder is more dangerous than a dry van driver. The flatbedders dont have to deal with NYC nearly as much lol. To the OP, Western might actually serve you well since live up that way. When I was there, the guys that lived in the NE or the West Coast were happier than the ones that stayed everywhere else. The 11 western drivers seemed to be under a different culture operating from the Fontana terminal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I knew quite a few guys that pulled skateboard for Swift. Swift flatbedder are actually competent drivers.

TravR1 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    My assumption would be any flatbed division is going to be inherently better than box guys. You have to get up off your butt and do some work, in any conditions. Some guys are willing to tolerate discomfort to get the job done, other guys aren't. And my guess is the guys that are willing to do it, it will also show in their driving. That's not an absolute claim I am making, just in general.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Its the same thing with the companies that are primarily flatbed division. Never really hear much about them like u do swift and cr england.. ... system, maverick, tmc , etc....all have fairly decent reputations

6. TomC71

TomC71 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Bradford, Maine
    Have you tried RF Chamberland or companies in the Bangor area for dry van? Both Hartt and Pottles have a terminal in Bangor. A friend of mine drives for Qualey Ranch out of Sherman. He hauls potatoes and other refrigerated foods.

7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Hartt requires 2 years driven. Randy at Pottles only hires people he thinks will do the job. The waiting list is long at Pottles. However Dysarts or HO Bouchards ARE equal opportunity employers

8. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    @Samarquis

Sorry for the late reply. DM me if you’ve still have questions.

9. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    You sound more like a recruiter; I could talk all day about why WE is a bad company, like how was broke down in one of their trucks they never keep up, had one pm done in almost a year, was stuck on the side of the interstate for 6 hours until they finally gave up on me for the day/one loves tech who didn’t know what he was doing, limped 20 mph to the nearest exit and they had the audacity to suggest me me that I drive 11 miles at 20 mph with a truck that could finish breaking down on me with my 4 ways on and on a roads marked 50+ mph because they were acting too cheap to get me a tow truck, but I sure as hell got one... if you have no idea what you’re doing then this is a perfect place to get taken advantage of because these guys love to put you on the hook as the driver. I’m never going back to that place, couldn’t pay me a blank check

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Stay away from Western Express, run the other way..

Give Legend a call, they got me home for my 34 hour reset close to weekly, I was running LA to Houston at the time so every 7 to 8 days.

bryan21384 and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  11. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Office speak for "We are going to vehemently deny all accusations, but pretend we care." You already gave everyone on these forums adequate reason to ignore you by showing you're NOT a driver.

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.