Where's Everyone @?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by motocross25, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Sitting at a Wal Mart DC. And it actually has paved overnight parking for OTR trucks. I was shocked. Never seen this before.

Monroe, GA.

The Kraut and carramrod32 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Yeah, that’s cool because the truck stop next door charges. The Waffle House next door isn’t too bad either.

The Kraut and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Sitting in a receiver's dock in Carson, CA. They ordered 200 cases of ez-melt white chocolate. Problem is the shipper shipped 1,333 cases (full truckload). Waiting on somebody to figure out a plan.

They say 200 cases is a typical order about every month or so. Not sure how this kind of screwup gets missed.

The Kraut, motocross25 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Takin' the balance back to where I brought it from (near Allentown, PA). But my hours and the weekend and Christmas is going to be a problem but they're going get a few layover pays out of them, too

That's a very costly mistake on someone's part

The Kraut, motocross25 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  6. daywalker24

daywalker24 Light Load Member

Sounds like a company on Range Rd .... start with an N

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    My recap hours should get me to the shipper outside of Allentown on Saturday with maybe 5 minutes to spare if there are no delays - literally. They quit at 16:00 Saturday. So they talked them into receiving the goods back at 15:00. Region rep is pretty sure he'll postpone the normal Friday Austin, TX outbound load, and have them reload me as soon as the get the other product off Saturday. So it will work out good to keep me running over Christmas if I can get there without running over hours.

I loathe the 70/8 rule.

The Kraut Thanks this.
  8. The Kraut

The Kraut Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Denver CO.
    Since I posted the last time I had a trip to Wisconsin, back to Iowa and back to the yard. Then to Oklahoma and reload in Missouri back to the yard.
    Left the yard on Saturday afternoon (load wasn't ready) and delivered Monday in Oakland, Tuesday in L.A.
    Picked up on Tuesday near L.A. for Denver.
    There was a winter storm warning for Utah today so I went as far as I could yesterday and made it to Green River UT last night.
    Checked the road conditions this morning and it did not look so good for me. Had icy roads till the Colorado border but Colorado was pretty good driving conditions. Short before Vail it started snowing heavily and I thought, please, no chain law. Was lucky, went over the pass and half an hour later chain law was in effect.
    Same with Eisenhower, short time later chain law. It was my lucky day today.
    Deliver in the morning and pick up a load back to Omaha.
    I will stay out over the holidays and have planned to be home after New Year, then I can spend my birthday at home with my wife.

9. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    North Platte NE.
    Delivered in Omaha this morning and went back to the yard. Shop made a DOT Safety and discovered a leak on the water pump of the APU.
    So glad it happened there and not on the road.
    Was fixed quickly and I left Omaha short after noon. When I picked up my trailer I slipped and fell on my butt, ice under the snow :mad:
    Had only 5 hrs for today and stopped in North Platte for the night, I-80 is snow packed and closed in Wyoming since the afternoon. Will see tomorrow if it's re-opened.
    Heading to NorCal with 3 stops on Tuesday.

10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I left Darien, WI yesterday and delivered in London, KY this afternoon. Then, I headed to our terminal in Lebanon, TN.

Dropped my empty and grabbed a repower that’s has 2 stops: Longview, TX and Fort Worth, TX, both on the 26th.

I’ll be spending tomorrow night at the house since I’ll be going right past it (Arkansas) to get to Texas. :)

11. The Kraut

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Oakland CA.
    Lots of snow on the way heading West. I-80 had re-opened for me and I made it to Rock Springs on Sunday. Blowing snow and high winds till Rawlins. I-80 was closed again on Monday and new snow in Utah till the Salt Lake.
    Made my three drops today and load tomorrow for Denver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.