Women Truck Drivers working at Central Refrigerated????

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Hot wings, Jan 15, 2010.

1. TruckerLady10

TruckerLady10 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    ----
    Did you go with Central. How was your training. Im starting Jan 31 in Conley, GA. I would luv 2 here your experience as a female there. Thankx in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I'm starting on Monday too - but in Fontana :D

TruckerLady10 Thanks this.
  4. sparkymax

sparkymax Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    sacramento, ca
    I just graduated today from Central's contract school in Sacramento. Headed to Fontana Sunday for orientation and testing then out with my trainer. Would prefer female trainer but don't want to wait for that specifically, so will take the 1st available.

TruckerLady10 Thanks this.
  5. TruckerLady10

TruckerLady10 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Its good to know 2 of the few 5% women truckers out here. Anyway i'll post how my training goes so stay tuned it. Good or bad I will post my honest opinion. :biggrin_25520: Hopefully mostly good, but i cant go anywhere but up from here!!

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Hey there - I'll be there just starting school Monday - maybe we can get together one evening before you ship out :D I'll spot you a cup!!

7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    More than 5% of Centrals drivers are female. So you will see quite a few.
    One of the things I liked about working for them was that I could have females to talk to on occasion.
    It gets boring only talking to men all the time. Or my wife when I am home.
    I am a born flirt. I do not go past that, but it is fun.

8. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Chrome, I freak people out on the radio, and not a lot will talk, of course not a lot even turn on the radio anymore. I thought the stat was like 12%. You will see more because there are a lot that ride along (like jess), but don't drive.

My greatest complaint right now is that there is one toilet specified for female use at fontana. Yet, I have had to kick the jerks from the shop out of that bathroom at least twice, and several times was made nauseous from the mess a shop male left in the bathroom that just came out right before I went in. there are three stalls a man can use, can you leave the women's bathroom alone?

Also, for the record, I will not use the bathroom at the fuel island at the TA in barstow. There are two unisex bathrooms. It is one thing to have to put the seat down at home, but I hate it on the road. And then, guys can say what they want, but not all of the dribbles make it in the toilet first thing in the morning.

walstib and Lady K Thank this.
  9. UTurn55

UTurn55 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Southern CA
    Some large companies have been known to put drivers who are for some reason or other unable to drive anymore into an office position for a year or more then find some reason to let them go. You have now demonstrated that you have transferable skills and are not disabled and they have deliberately avoided a disability claim. Consider that in our national economy there are countless age 30 something individuals with recent office skills unable to find a job. Social Security considers Past Relevant Work to be any work you have done in the last 15 years when considering whether you have transferable skills. If you no longer qualify to drive a truck, that made-up office job didn't do you any favors. Contact Social Security directly or a SS attorney especially if you are "A Person Approching Advanced Age" which according to SS is age 55.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  10. Bizbee

Bizbee Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Sacto., CA
    ChromeDome, really helpful comments and have made note. Thanks. :biggrin_25525:

11. ns1020

ns1020 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Gardena, CA
    I am starting with central refrigerated on monday 12/12/11/.

Fireman Clyde Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.