XPO

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 28, Dec 13, 2019.

1. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Ive done several XPO's recently ( company just started using them )
    ... they've all been smooth until this one

This particular one just went downhill from the get go . Came back the
    next morning and my load was already gone via another company . Turns
    out it had left before i even got there the previous day . So even if i had of
    attempted to be loaded when originally arrived with no HOS there would
    have been no load.

Good news is i was educated on several hidden parking spots in that area in case i
    ever run up that way again and need a safe place for the night.

In the end its all going to work out ... i secured another load later the next
    day and am rolling back to Texas .. i'll drop tomorrow and be clear .

All good in the end

Lite bug Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alphamale

Alphamale Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Man that sux your making me want to stay intermodal

4. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    We do not let our drivers talk alone to brokers. We will conference them if they insist on speaking to the driver but we will listen in. I've caught a couple of brokers trying to commit the driver to weird #### like extra stops of agree to wait ect...
    Something that might help you, create an email that you use only with brokers. Insist that they email you. Get them to put their request in writing.
    For the record, The word BAD doesn't apply to all brokers but all brokers have little bad in them.

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    All people have a little bad in them given the day and circumstance.

Ask my wife.

Malt Ball Cult Thanks this.
  6. aheedratron

aheedratron Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2019
    GB
    Yep. We get everything in writing over here. First time you don't, you will get burned.

7. ASKCARR TRUCKING

ASKCARR TRUCKING Bobtail Member

May 4, 2020
    BEEN TRYING TO GET QUICK PAY FOR OVER 30 DAYS!
    Complaint Summary Complaint ID: 100171266 Submitted On: Thursday, June 17, 2021 Back to Home Page Print Incident Information Address Type Address City State Zip Country Origin 6903 DUPONT DRIVE FLORENCE SC 29506 US Destination 1901 N 66 ST TAMPA FL 33819 US Bill of Lading Number (Job #): 10223318 Pickup Date: 5/19/2021 Delivery Date: 5/20/2021 Incident Description Broker, XPO LOGISTICS knowingly booked this load for the wrong delivery date of 05/20/21 per load confirmation packet. The correct delivery date of 05/24/21 was not given to my company until after delivery on 05/24/21. My company was informed by the receiving company that the load should have been delivered on 05/19/21 and had been rescheduled for delivery on 05/24/21. My company attempted on several occasions to contact the broker for clarification without success. My company had no choice but to sit at the receiving company for 5 days. We submitted all required paperwork, including Quickpay payment invoices for layover and detention pay. My company has not been paid for this shipment and phone calls and emails are going unanswered.

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The fact that my experience with XPO is seamless does not mean that someone else's must be like that too. Every mega broker has different offices and different people with different mind sets,, more or less organized, more or less honest too.
    Yours could have been a deception or a neglect of not ensuring the appointment date. I had that happened to me too a year ago with a Convoy's load. I delivered the load on Monday 5:00 am and was told that it was not expected until Friday. I pressed the broker and the shipper at the same time, explaining that it was out of question for me to sit there, and I took it back to the shipper for a reasonable rate.
    I don't know why you had no option of returning the load back to the shipper, since it was the next day delivery, I am assuming the mileage was not that high to take it back.

9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    All these mega brokers handle thousands of loads every day. Some of the loads are f ..ed up from the very get go. Nobody knows about it until the very last moment.
    If you want 100% assurance of not getting a problematic load maybe it is best not too deal with the mega brokerages at all. But I would not be so sure, if there were any brokers left at all, if one screw up load would put any broker or shipper on a black list. You'd be left with nobody to haul for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.