Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 261
  1. #1
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Albino, TX
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked: 29 Times

    WARNING: USHIP has huge brokerage fees (hidden)

    uShip's brokerage fees are huge, and they are hidden. Looking at the bids going down at uShip you might think the drivers are getting paid OK prices, BUT, behind the scenes, the driver is actually paying up to 12.9% of his earnings to uShip.

    12.9% (applies to the first $500 of the bid price), 10.9% ($500.01-$1500), 8.9% ($1500.01-$3000), 6.9% ($3000.01-$5000), 4.9% ($5000.01-$7500), 2.9% ($7500.01-$10,500) and 0.9% ($10,500.01 and above). In addition, the minimum match fee for all transactions will remain at $19.99. These changes will not retroactively apply to bids placed before April 1, 2009, regardless of when those bids may match.

    Once again, the guys who do all the work, pay ridiculous fees, and the middle-man eats most of the profits.

    That site needs to have in bold letters on it's homepage that the driver is has to pay 12.9% of his earnings to uShip just to get a load! This is BS!

    Yes, some brokers scam more than that, but legit load-boards are out there that cost much much less.

    And that ###### show, Shipping Wars, must be a big commercial for uShip, cause they never even mention a ###### "Matching Fee", which is really just a brokerage fee.

    This info, and this message needs to be at the top of the forums list. It needs to get out there before more truckers buy a truck to haul uShip stuff & end up having most of their planned profit-margins blown by deceit. uShip does not make it clear upfront what their fee is, and drivers need to know before it's too late.


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greenllll For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Road Train Member Bigarmin88's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Trucker?
    EX-6 Years
    Posts
    1,779
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked: 359 Times

    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by greenllll View Post
    uShip's brokerage fees are huge, and they are hidden. Looking at the bids going down at uShip you might think the drivers are getting paid OK prices, BUT, behind the scenes, the driver is actually paying up to 12.9% of his earnings to uShip.

    12.9% (applies to the first $500 of the bid price), 10.9% ($500.01-$1500), 8.9% ($1500.01-$3000), 6.9% ($3000.01-$5000), 4.9% ($5000.01-$7500), 2.9% ($7500.01-$10,500) and 0.9% ($10,500.01 and above). In addition, the minimum match fee for all transactions will remain at $19.99. These changes will not retroactively apply to bids placed before April 1, 2009, regardless of when those bids may match.

    Once again, the guys who do all the work, pay ridiculous fees, and the middle-man eats most of the profits.

    That site needs to have in bold letters on it's homepage that the driver is has to pay 12.9% of his earnings to uShip just to get a load! This is BS!

    Yes, some brokers scam more than that, but legit load-boards are out there that cost much much less.

    And that ###### show, Shipping Wars, must be a big commercial for uShip, cause they never even mention a ###### "Matching Fee", which is really just a brokerage fee.

    This info, and this message needs to be at the top of the forums list. It needs to get out there before more truckers buy a truck to haul uShip stuff & end up having most of their planned profit-margins blown by deceit. uShip does not make it clear upfront what their fee is, and drivers need to know before it's too late.
    Uship been like that for while now but there fees go up all the time.This is why I give up ship and few other transporters I knew,now with wantabies seeing the tv show,there must have been 100's more with pick up's and vans that sign up.I say about 70% of TSP on uship are illegals and don't have proper insurance.That web site is a joke,I see illegals hauling boats and other goods for less than .50 cpm,don't even know how the hell they make anything!

  4. #3
    Light Load Member Shoestring's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lehigh Fl
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked: 183 Times
    The fee is not really hidden. I stumbled around Uships site for about 5-10 minutes one day and found all the fee info in that time. As with anything in life now a days, you have to read all of the fine print. I agree 100% with what bigarmin88 says. Most people using it are running illegal without proper insurance.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoestring For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dekalb Illinois
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked: 6 Times
    So a guy pays a little extra for loads. Any time a person has an opportunity to do their own thing Iím all for it. At least theyíre out there doing what they enjoy. Who knows maybe they will pick up a steady gig or two along the way. That has to be worth the price of admission.

  7. #5
    Road Train Member Flightline's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Almost There
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked: 880 Times
    I'd have to agree with Zab. The fees are not really hidden. And not much different fees than broker fees but allow anyone to haul freight and most drivers have no insurance or DOT complaince. So uship is doing less but taking as much and allowing alot of illegal activity. Making it impossible for legal carriers to compete.
    Only a matter of time before the government steps in to get their handful.
    I'd also like to agree with the show (Shipping Wars) being sponserd/put on by UShip.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flightline For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dekalb Illinois
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked: 6 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightline View Post
    I'd have to agree with Zab. The fees are not really hidden. And not much different fees than broker fees but allow anyone to haul freight and most drivers have no insurance or DOT complaince. So uship is doing less but taking as much and allowing alot of illegal activity. Making it impossible for legal carriers to compete.
    Only a matter of time before the government steps in to get their handful.
    I'd also like to agree with the show (Shipping Wars) being sponserd/put on by UShip.
    So you think that companies will fail because maybe some people transporting items donít have insurance or DOT compliant. OK

    I do painting on the side. I have for years and Iíve never had insurance. I donít see any painting companies closing their doors because I donít have insurance.

    Just the other side of the coin.
    .

  10. #7
    Crusty Pogosticker!!
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    on hiatus
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    18,529
    Thanked: 9,202 Times
    [QUOTE=Cuchulainn;2432920]So you think that companies will fail because maybe some people transporting items donít have insurance or DOT compliant. OK

    I do painting on the side. I have for years and Iíve never had insurance. I donít see any painting companies closing their doors because I donít have insurance.

    Just the other side of the coin. Well, so far as I know, painters don't have to deal with the DOT, get a health exam every two years or deal with anywhere near the Guvmint REGULATORY Agency's that Transportation does. So basically you're sayin' that everybody should just drive without insurance, eh ?? I smell Troll. UOTE]

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Road Train Member Bigarmin88's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Trucker?
    EX-6 Years
    Posts
    1,779
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked: 359 Times

    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    So you think that companies will fail because maybe some people transporting items donít have insurance or DOT compliant. OK

    I do painting on the side. I have for years and Iíve never had insurance. I donít see any painting companies closing their doors because I donít have insurance.

    Just the other side of the coin.
    .
    Thanks to guys like you WEthe legal ones pay for it,not you!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigarmin88 For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dekalb Illinois
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked: 6 Times
    [quote=HeWhoMustNotBeNamed;2433007]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    So you think that companies will fail because maybe some people transporting items donít have insurance or DOT compliant. OK

    I do painting on the side. I have for years and Iíve never had insurance. I donít see any painting companies closing their doors because I donít have insurance.

    Just the other side of the coin. Well, so far as I know, painters don't have to deal with the DOT, get a health exam every two years or deal with anywhere near the Guvmint REGULATORY Agency's that Transportation does. So basically you're sayin' that everybody should just drive without insurance, eh ?? I smell Troll. UOTE]
    ďWell, so far as I know, painters don't have to deal with the DOT, get a health exam every two years or deal with anywhere near the Guvmint REGULATORY Agency's that Transportation does.Ē Really!

    Ever heard of the EPA or OSHA or City and County Building and Licensing codes.

    I have insurance on my vehicles. In fact Iím over insured. I pay for non and under insured drivers. Is your bottom line getting any better because of my insurance? Are the roads safer because I have insurance? Does insurance make me a better driver? Probably not.

    I donít think that demonizing a website is going to make your life any better than it is now.

    I think Uship serves a purpose and fills a need.

  15. #10
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dekalb Illinois
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked: 6 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigarmin88 View Post
    Thanks to guys like you WEthe legal ones pay for it,not you!
    People will always find excuses for failing in a free enterprise system. 9 times out of ten itís never their fault. Being legal is not a guarantee for success. Many legal businesses have failed. Donít put your failure on my back. Nobody had a gun to your head when you decided to get into logistics. Logistics is a very competitive business. If you cantí handle the heatÖ..

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •