Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1
    Light Load Member sodbuster03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    western,nc
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked: 20 Times

    CDJ Bulk Express

    Anyone have any exp with CDJ Bulk out of Columbia SC?


  2. #2
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Trucker?
    33 Years
    Age
    53
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked: 187 Times
    I talked to one of their driver's when I was leased to Oakley and we were waiting in line to unload together.
    Sounded like we serviced a lot of the same customer's east of the Mississippi but they were all company trucks running Peterbilt 379's with end dumps.
    He said that he got paid on percentage and was home every weekend but was really dragging his tail by the time he got there.
    My impression was that they are a company that runs you pretty hard and they blow by me all the time so I doubt there is any company speed limit.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Allan M For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    somewhere in ga
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked: 34 Times
    hi im new hear and i was wondering exactly what kind of work do you guys do, and what places do you go.

  5. #4
    Light Load Member sodbuster03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    western,nc
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked: 20 Times
    Don't know of any bucket outfits that don't run hard. I got the impression from my phone conversation that the trucks aren't cut back any. That could be good or bad!! Says 3k miles was an average week with most being 3500.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan M View Post
    I talked to one of their driver's when I was leased to Oakley and we were waiting in line to unload together.
    Sounded like we serviced a lot of the same customer's east of the Mississippi but they were all company trucks running Peterbilt 379's with end dumps.
    He said that he got paid on percentage and was home every weekend but was really dragging his tail by the time he got there.
    My impression was that they are a company that runs you pretty hard and they blow by me all the time so I doubt there is any company speed limit.

  6. #5
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Trucker?
    33 Years
    Age
    53
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked: 187 Times
    No way to do that legally on short overnight hops and home every weekend. They likely run you til you burn out and then find another.

    Quote Originally Posted by sodbuster03 View Post
    Don't know of any bucket outfits that don't run hard. I got the impression from my phone conversation that the trucks aren't cut back any. That could be good or bad!! Says 3k miles was an average week with most being 3500.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Allan M For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Road Train Member runningman0661's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lake Wylie, South Carolina
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked: 718 Times
    I run 3500 to 3800 miles a week LEGALLY and home every weekend. It can be done. I have wondered about CDJ myself.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runningman0661 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Light Load Member sodbuster03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    western,nc
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked: 20 Times
    Don't believe 28 states are short overnights hops, Hometime is not my biggest concern, steady work is. Heck I remember back in the day runnin over 4k a week in a day cab straight quint bucket truck, was I legal? Of course not, always 5k over gross & runnin 2 books. Won't do that again! Bucket trucking & bull hauling are the last "outlaw" trucking out there in my opinon.

    From what I've gathered talking to a few of their drivers they have very little turn over, with average length of employment over 3 years & 6 out 50 drivers been there from 5 to 10 years. I'm not looking forward to drivin full time again, but till grading & mulching pick back up, that's the only choice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan M View Post
    No way to do that legally on short overnight hops and home every weekend. They likely run you til you burn out and then find another.

  11. #8
    Light Load Member sodbuster03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    western,nc
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked: 20 Times
    They have all trucks full right now, but are doing a 1 for 2 trade on all their 05 trucks in first part of the year. Fingers crossed. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by runningman0661 View Post
    I run 3500 to 3800 miles a week LEGALLY and home every weekend. It can be done. I have wondered about CDJ myself.

  12. #9
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked: 5 Times
    sounds like a good company

  13. #10
    Road Train Member Trashtrucker1265's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inverness, Fl
    Trucker?
    10 Years
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 919 Times
    I work for Pritchett Trucking out of Lake Butler, Fl and ran end dumps for them for a while, I'm now running dedicated trash here in Tallahassee, Fl. I can't really say that it was "outlaw" trucking, in my opinion it was the most consistant job I've ever had, I basically ran normal hours, didn't have to get up at god awful hours of the day, and rarely had to drive all night. Most of my customers only received during daylight hours, and a lot of them didn't want to see you past the 4 o'clock hour. I think the only time I ever had to keep odd hours was loading fertilizer out of Mullberry and Plant City, they loaded 24 hours a day, and most of the time I'd get in there in the middle of the night. But in all honesty, I run local now for Pritchett hauling trash and end dumps, and put in more hours doing that than I was running regional end dump. BTW, CDJ always impressed me, excellent, up to date equipment, and their drivers seem to have longevity with them.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •