Swift Drivers: looking for a shorter lease? T660

Discussion in 'Swift' started by YachtMan, Jun 10, 2014.

1. YachtMan

YachtMan Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Hey Swifties,

Not sure if this post goes here or on some other part of the board. I put it here because this truck can only be leased to Swift. I'm not going to be spamming the board with this or putting it up on any other forum.

Got a #### good job offer doing energy services, and I'm looking for a driver that is interested in taking over a short lease. I've talked with the L/P division, and apparently the best and easiest way is for me to try to find another driver to take over the truck.

Do your due diligence. Having a lease with Swift can be both difficult and rewarding. Sometimes the difficulties outweigh the rewards. I won't sign this truck over to some starry-eyed sucker who has no clue what he is doing. Know exactly what you are getting into, please. You can really hurt yourself with a lease if you don't know what you are doing. Preferably want to give it to somebody who has already been a lease driver and doesn't really want another 4 year lease.

We will have to arrange to meet at a terminal so you can inspect the vehicle yourself, but here's some basic information for you:

Purple 2012 KW T660 SS
    Cummins ISX
    8 speed (no conversion)
    No body damage/accidents
    No mechanical problems (had the DPF filter dropped and serviced a couple months ago)
    Averaging about 7.5 mpg long term
    Mileage 321,537 as of right this moment
    2 years left on the lease
    Still under full warranty
    PM every 15,000 miles with a gallon of lucas oil stabilizer thrown in for good measure
    Regular 3-axle alignments
    Refrigerator installed by KW
    I'll be glad to have it detailed
    Maint records available from the O/O division

IEL has told me that it costs $250.00 to transfer a lease over to someone else. If you actually take over, I'll be glad to pay that. If you want a current dyno, that's on you.

Current Swifties only, please. Save the lease flames for some other thread.

Hopefully this works. I've got a feeling I'm going to end up putting up a flyer in every terminal I go to. :biggrin_25510: I really want this other job, and I don't particularly want to break this lease. I suppose I'll be making more than enough to cover the truck payment, so I might just park it in my driveway and keep the sucker if I can't find anyone who wants it. Might make a good little RV or something, lol.

Contact me through reply or PM. We'll make arrangements through Swift; although, I'm sitting up at the Edwardsville,KS terminal right now doing a reset on the odd chance somebody is hanging out here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    Can't IEL also put it on their roster of trucks to lease? or do you have to "dump" it first? Steve's lease is technically a take over from the original leaser at 1700 miles, but IEL was giving him a list not only of what was available new at Swift in PHX but across the country and their "used" or "abandoned" leases so he could get exactly what he wanted.

4. YachtMan

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I talked to John out of Lacaster, and he took my information. Can't say for sure whether or not it made it to the list. I've tried once before in December, and they didn't do that. I'm not holding out much hope that Swift will actually help, lol. We'll see.

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Wish you the best of luck. My DM had me talk to his contact in IEL, and she tried for about 2 weeks. Told me that it would be best for me to handle it on my own. Mine is pretty much like yours, except I have the 13 speed and inverter, also installed by KW. I was trying to upgrade to the T-680, and after looking at one, glad that I did not. Swift had them stripped down

6. YachtMan

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Thanks, man.

Yeah, I've been trying to find someone since December. No luck. I contact an O/O rep to let them know I was looking to hand off the truck to someone else back then, too. He told me "3 or 4 months, tops." Egh, 7 months later and I'm still looking, lol.

We'll see how it goes, I guess.

7. ladiesman304

ladiesman304 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    After the lease is up in 2 years, lets say I wanted to buy the truck. What's the purchase price??? That's if u know

8. YachtMan

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I'd have to double check that. Buyout on the contract started at $57,000. I've ran that down a bit. Should be somewhere in the high 40's now. Haven't looked at it in awhile.

9. bcdorsett

bcdorsett Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Yea I currently work for swift I was about to lease a truck but would be interested in seeing if I could help u out my cell is xxx xxx xxxx

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  10. YachtMan

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Alrighty, just got back into town where I could get some internet access. I'll give you a ring in the morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.