"05" T604 Blower Replacement

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Tom T604, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Tom T604

Tom T604 Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Hi everyone,
    I was driving along the other day in my 05 T604 when the air out of the vents stopped. The blower motor has been making a grinding noise every now and then for the last 6 months or so. With the truck off and in a nice and quiet place when I cycle the fan speed selector I can hear a slight clicking noise out of the blower location on the passenger side, so I'm guessing the bearings in the blower motor are shot.
    I've been told 2 different methods of removing the blower. 1 is to go in thru the engine side of the firewall and 2 is to go down thru the dashboard
    Any help would be much appreciated ! It's too hot here in Aus to be in a truck with no A/C !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogofwar

dogofwar Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Go in through the firewall engine side , remove the bolts and the panel hinges down giving you complete access to the motor , it's plug and play , just make sure you have centralized the wheels so they don't touch and spin freely , in other words , it will push air through with no noise ! One other thing , make sure you fit the wheels in the right direction otherwise it will blow air the opposite direction !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.