09 dd15 egr problem

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Opus, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Fault code 128s277, egr mass flow..........
    So, after reading some stuff here, it looks as though I have a bad egr.....750k on the motor, dozer valve about a year old and new DPF about 6 months ago......

Here's my question......the engine has not derated at all....everything runs in the normal ranges, fuel consumption is normal; in short, aside from the 2 amber lights being on, there are no problems whatsoever. Can I run this way for another week? I had planned on taking it to the shop next Friday. Or, am I about to be on the side of the road?

All responses are appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    you may have regen problems when engine will need it. incomplete regen process will shut down the engine at end after not successful parked regen. I say MAY because I don't know how bad is the egr actuator. it could be just little not correct responsive and could be non moving.
    first you need to clean delta p sensors ports and you need to check to see you have updated delta p sensor. if its not updated change it, clear fault code and drive to see the code is coming back or no. your truck is 09 and I guess you have older version delta p.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...lt-codes-mean-on-a-dd15-2010-cascadia.273856/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    have decided the best course of action is to take it to the shop today....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.