1 year since "over .80" conviction

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Edorthtrucking, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Edorthtrucking

Edorthtrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013
    9 years experience, owned two of my own trucks. Lost it all when I took an electric assist bicycle for a ride around the block after having a few beers on a weekend.
    Worst decision of my life.
    My license is back now, and I would like to get my carreer back. However that one mistake has tarnished my otherwise spotless abstract. Any info on companies that might hire and Insure a truck driver with an "over 80 " conviction ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  4. Edorthtrucking

Oct 9, 2013
  5. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    You got a DUI on a bicycle?

Geez man, I'm sorry...

Macneil and austinmike Thank this.
  6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Erb may give you a shot. Good place to work too. Yes you made a bad decision but you also have 9 (good?) years working in your favor. Where have you tried already and been turned down? Are you looking for any company that will take you kind of deal? There's always challenger and transx and the like. You live in a good area. Lots of opportunity.

7. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    It's Ontario they will give you a dui for driving your shoes out of the bar

8. Edorthtrucking

Oct 9, 2013
    I tried Ivan armstrong transport. They would have taken me but their insurance company said not until it's off my 3 year abstract. I've had multiple interviews at several independent smaller companies that have had the same results. Their insurance won't concider me. It's a real pain having positive interviews and hearing we would like to have you on the team. But....... Can't insure until December 2018

9. Edorthtrucking

Oct 9, 2013
    You should have seen the cops face when he dropped me off at home after the charge and saw my pickup truck. My rig and my home. And said " I guess this is going to effect your livelihood, you better get a good lawyer. Sorry".
    Thanks officer I'll get a good lawyer but I just lost my job just now and gotta pay the mortgage and truck payment and car payment etc.

gokiddogo, CasanovaCruiser and tucker Thank this.
  10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Let me say, I'm glad it wasn't a .80 - you'd be dead twice (.35 is pushing it) :(

And that's a bit of junk that you got busted on an electric assisted bike...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Edorthtrucking

Oct 9, 2013
    Dead twice? Are you forgetting to move the decimal point in the blood alcohol concentration ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.