10/12 Training Class

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Brehon, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well I have my bus ticket info, finishing out my two week notice. Have the money set aside for the month or so of no income and at this point just focused on the internal storm before the calm. Feels like a deployment lol.

Anyway if anyone is starting around the same time, I look forward to meeting you. I wanted to take an opportunity to thank all those that participate on this forum and have helped me out with info and all the good stuff (even the bad when needed :) ).

/salute
    ~Sean "Brehon" Swafford

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Good luck, and congrats!

4. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Good luck man. Just remember that when you get to the part that sucks, and you will, that there are rewards for pushing through. Short term sacrifices for long term gains is the key to remember. Maintain your focus and you can and will be successful.

Puppage and Poacher Thank this.
  5. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    The only thing on my mind is doing it right and getting a trainer. I can do the hurry up and wait (Oh how the Army taught me that one), but once momentum starts I like to keep it going :) So many (not so horrible) horror stories about no avail trainers... it just kinda creeps in :)

michaelg Thanks this.
  6. Truelife

Truelife Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2015
    I will be starting 10/12 as well, as long as my birth certificate arrives on time. I'm very nervous and taking time to research and do my homework so that this is as smooth a transition as possible. Taking a big leap here and looking forward to getting on the road.

Look forward to seeing you out there!

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  7. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am reading and studying for my permit. Only other concern I have is getting a flatbed trainer. Looking forward to seeing you there Truelife.

8. Truelife

Truelife Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2015
    I don't know why I'm so nervous, I was fine up until today. Making sure all my ducks are in a row before I get there. I don't want to end up going home for something I should have known about.

Don't get me wrong I'm filled with excitement as well. This is very important to me and a big step that I believe is in the right direction. Also studying for the permit. Looks like day 1 is going to be very busy!

darthanubis Thanks this.
  9. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    That all sounds normal.

10. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    A few days and I will be on the dog. Getting my permit tomorrow as long as the doc can fit me in for the physical. Took pretests to see how I would do and I appear to be in good shape.

Question to all. As previously stated due to my home location, I will be going flatbed (or tanker). My concern is getting a flatbed trainer. From what I am reading that could cause some delays in getting a trainer?

Anyone have some additional feedback? Would greatly appreciate it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.