1993 Peterbilt 379 FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by PKGonzo, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwayne

dwayne Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Not to sound like a jerk but you've got a truck worth around $10,000 sitting there. It unfortunately needs a lot of help. It's not really a stretch to find a early to mid 90's 379 in nicer shape for the same amount of money. Also, the tanks look like they need attention. Paccar fuel tanks are notorious for leaking around the straps. I don't want to sit here and pick it apart but the buyer is going to need deep pockets. It would make an awesome project truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    It would make a great project truck. The exterior is so rough that you can redo it however you want. With realistic truck prices out there now at dealers it is way overpriced. Mainly, I suspect, due to sentimental value.

It could be a nice truck again. Like Dwayne said, if someone has deep pockets.

4. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    you could pull the motor out and get 6 grand for that alone...a paint job dont make it run any better......i know guys with trucks this age that run them every day .......you might try vanderlelly's in ottsville off 611 they specialize in pete parts and truck sales they will give you a ball park what its worth......my guess would be $15000.......or they they might buy it for less

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    $15k for a beat to death port truck, non unibilt, mechanical motor 4.5mpg truck? your nuts. That's a $10k TOPS. I'm looking at a 93 right now same motor, fresh motor, top of the line spec in great shape for $13k. one owner truck with a lifetime of paperwork to go with it

6. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    You must be in the xmas spirit and feeling generous, my cousin barely got 6k for his 93 Peterbilt. :biggrin_25522:

7. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Thank you! I've been trying to get this idea through. No one seems to believe me. We had a bunch of KW T800's up here sell for less than $25,000 a piece. They were '05's and '06's. Fully maintained with invoices from KW. Certified and emissions tested ready to go out the door. No work required.

8. JORGEMUNOZ

JORGEMUNOZ Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    pecos texas
    i have 8,000

9. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    It has run the ports doing container work. That means it has been beat on, bad. The paint is peeling, the fender needs replacing, and the exterior has not been kept up, which leads me to believe the engine has not either. I would estimate 5K considering all I see that needs attention. I'm not trying to be rough or cruel, but it is what it is.

10. 1lownismo

1lownismo Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Langhorne,Pa
    It doesnt matter who offers what it is who will want to show up with cash. I have seen trucks almost given away over the road. I offered a payment plan and a dollar figure. I know I cant finance it but if they were serious about selling they would take a true offer to get it off the drivewsy. Hate to say it I know how pa works and someone will get sick of seeing it and call it in as an eyesore then they get nothing but a free tow. I was being nice offering to take it a make payments alot of owners do it. But the csa2010 slipped my mind and I know I would spend alot of time behind the scales getting inspected in this shape so I would have to stick money on top of money to get it on the rd. I would love to own my own truck and run ports or philly rail yard. But this wouldnt be a cheap way. When you

11. cessna5354

cessna5354 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2010
    Southern NJ
    Question, other than ports located in bad sections of poor/ghetto towns, how does a truck get beat running containers ??

Thanks & Merry Christmas !!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.