2 guys in one truck

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 337ram, Jul 14, 2016.

1. 337ram

337ram Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Is it possible to run two guys in one truck around the clock "24hrs" and make money with dually and 40ft trailer? My father in law is wanting to go at this with me, we both were in the oil field and got laid off

Another option would be a 2 weeks on as a driver while the other guy is back beating down doors "making calls" securing loads and then swap up

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Little truck ? Realistically ? NO ! First with a sleeper less truck there's only 14 hours available during a 24hour period. Second you think about adding a sleeper then you'll never be able to sell the truck when you finally realize there isn't that much money out there now. Third only roughly 10-12% of freight is weight consummate with hotshot type trucks and there's lots out their now who are still figuring out it's not enough freight out there.
    So do as most do jump in with 40-60K invested so you can see it for yourself.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not without a sleeper.

And you will both be strangling one another a few days on in a small vehicle like that.

Im a telling you this for your own good. There are very specific things to consider when you get two people to run in a small space. And a class 6 or something smaller is really small compared to a 18 wheeler cab with full sleeper.

Also, to add insult to injury, two people in a vehicle just doubles what your food and lodging will be each day. And finally but not least, it is not fair to stick two people in a vehicle without some decent sleeping arrangment. Again it will not be long before you two will be strangling one another.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'll admit I'm clueless about the American HOS rules but in Canada, you have to log "on duty, not driving" if you are employed by the company and riding as a passenger in a CMV for the purposes of work. Basically means you cannot simply just doubleshift the truck and keep it running 24/7 without one guy resetting in a sleeper while the other one drives.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No you are pretty close.

Ive gone into Canada back when the CDN loonie is 35% cheaper for me to run and the worst things Ive had to sweat is Customs, Measurements in 2.99 meters to convert to 13 feet and at least 6 inches on that upcoming bridge and your canadian women whose age of consent was 14, way younger than my nation and possibly a source of trouble if I did not watch it.

All in all I consider the things you talked about relatively close to ours. Two people in a sleeper truck can and will run 24/7 for a good long time anyhow.

7. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    2 guys 1 cup?

Naptown Thanks this.
  8. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    You beat me to it.

9. little cat 500

little cat 500 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.