2 weak cylinders?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Chevyho, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Chevyho

Chevyho Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Ive had intermittent low power/ vibration issues for some time. I have been doing a cut out test roughly once a month with all cylinders coming back as ok. Today after a day of hauling I did a test and cylinder 1 and 5 came back as questionable. Likely injectors? Ive attached a pic of test results.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Has anyone else been able to drive your truck, such as a mechanic, giving you a bystander's ear to the exhaust note so to speak?

You'll certainly hear a lame cylinder. I listen for it with our trucks.

4. Chevyho

Dec 13, 2013
    Yes it is in a shop right now. They road tested it and couldnt find any issues. Also the cylinders are all coming back "ok" with values very similar to my test. So i dont know guess ill just keep running it sick of this vibrating/ sluggish truck.

5. WrenchWrenchWrench

WrenchWrenchWrench Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2016
  6. Chevyho

Dec 13, 2013
    Sorry I should have mentioned 07 pete 379 c15 acert serial nxs.

7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I have had to weak injectors and just change the trim numbers. It work somewhat. They will days that the motor will purr so smooth that I think I'm in a different truck, then there are days it runs a little rough and I'm dumping cleaners in the tank, but nothing changes. One thingI have noticed is once my tanks reach 1/4 tank, its when I noticed it will run slightly rougher, once I fill up, it's putting. Go figure......

beltrans Thanks this.
  8. cdub304

cdub304 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Rockford,IL
    What does your fuel lines look like? Have you ever replaced them? How bout the engine wire harness?

9. WrenchWrenchWrench

WrenchWrenchWrench Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Check to make sure your trim codes are correct, it sounds like those injectors are not contributing as much as the others but only intermittently. If all your trim codes are correct, you could pull those two injectors and put them in different holes and edit your trim codes accordingly. See if the problem follows. But you would have to get 4 sets of injector O-rings....

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  10. Chevyho

Dec 13, 2013
    Fuel line is probably original to truck, external and internal wire harnesses we changed 6 months ago. Diesel dave my symptoms are exactly what you describe. Even seems to run better after fuelling up. Do you run one or 2 fuel tanks? Ive been considering that maybe it has something to do with hot fuel causing my issue.

11. Chevyho

Dec 13, 2013
    I will check trim codes today

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.