2007 business class air condition

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by 2003 xb, Jul 2, 2015.

1. 2003 xb

2003 xb Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Ok here it goes .new driver complained nothing coming out of vents blower motor not working.i get in the truck and ac would freeze you out in town.got on the road for about twenty miles and sure enough no air out of dash .drove truck back into shop hooked up gauges and pressures looked good.did notice ac would not cycle.looked down a evaporator box to find temp probe out of evaporator core box and shoved up in the dash.make a long story short I put temp probe back in evaporator box and now it cycles 15 seconds on 15 seconds off.will not get cold.charge level is right control head is good14.00 volts when clutch applied at compressor.here is my question.bulkhead module ac clutch request wire 338j is measuring 10.00volts compressor off and.46 volts compressor on.driving me crazy have no voltage reference to go by.any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    That probe is part of the expansion valve that regulates refrigerant back into the accumulator. It should be located in its clip for proper operation. Or maybe the expansion valve is defective....

4. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Is the blower motor working or not?

5. 2003 xb

2003 xb Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Expansion valve has been replaced .

6. 2003 xb

2003 xb Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2015
    The blower motor is working on all speeds.all acuators are working properly.temp probe ohmed out at 16100 ohms.evap housing filter has been replaced.this truck was bought after lease from Ryder .looks like they replaced control head since the date on the head was feb of 2011.guess they got tired of it shoved the probe up in the dash and let the compressor run constantly .i was seriously contemplating wiring an adjustable temp probe into the system but would really like to have it working like it did from the factory.i have diamond logic but no service link to open hvac to check or try to reprogram bulkhead module.temp probe out of evap box runs constantly temp probe installed in evap box cycles 15 seconds on and 15 seconds off.im getting five volts from temp probe harness with probe disconnected.plug it back in back probe temp probe I get 2.30 volts compressor running goes to 2.50 volts and compressor shuts off .did not understand bulkhead module wire 338 j ac request clutch to have 10 volts ac off and .40 volts ac clutch on.thanks for listening and replies.

7. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Keep in mind newer trucks don't use the old 12v power like in hold trucks. The digital age requires a new way of diagnosis. 5volts represents a data line encoded with signals to start/stop other function. Hence the smaller wires in controls. Splicing into these systems is not recommended. Good luck.

8. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    If this is a sleeper truck you have all same temp probes in the back as well, if not i know frl had a problem with the temp sensor freezing up the system and they updated their part number i don't know usually when this happens its a bad thermostat i would say try to switch up the temp probe or freeze switch and see if it does have a thermostat with a wire running in evaporator usually they are adjustable cut in and cut out and they do go bad quite often .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.