2007 vnl780 repeat issue. HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ed (chrome dome), Aug 15, 2015.

1. ed (chrome dome)

ed (chrome dome) Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Every other week my baby goes in shop which is really starting to put a dent in my pocket.. A BIG ONE.. Everytime same issue just they have done fixed already the egr valve, cylinder 1, wiring, fuel filter.. truck will run flawless for a week or two then same issue.. REALLY OPEN FOR SERIOUS ADVISE HERE PLEASE..HERE WE GO.. SEEMS WHEN I HIT A GOOD BUMP OR TWO I LOSE ALL POWER, SPEEDOMETER GOES TO 0 THEN BACK UP, THE RPMS FLY TO 0 THEN BACK UP, ABS LIGHT COMES ON THEN RIGHT OFF, AND SOUNDS LIKE THE FAN ON MOTOR SCREAMS FOR A SECOND. WEIRD RIGHT. NOW WHEN I LET OFF OF PEDAL THEN ENGAGE AGAIN TRUCK GOES NORMAL RUNNING UNTIL ANOTHER GOOD BUMP.. PLEASE HELP. I'M SO CONFUSED ON THIS ANYMORE AND THIS TRUCK IS MY LIFE LINE FOR MYSELF AND FAMILY.. THANK YOU

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    well what kind of engine do u have. that's my first question. Second did anyone check or replace the cab power lines they tend to break inside and when u hit a bump maybe one of them is loosing power they draw right of the starter and they come to the pass thru manifold

4. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    You have a bad, chafed or loose wire somewhere. I would check the connections off the battery cables, starter and ECM.

5. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Sounds like a wire harness replacement is in order.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.