2007 Volvo blower motor

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Zeeny, Nov 21, 2013.

1. mecho57

mecho57 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Clemson SC
    I have the same problem with my 06 780 varying fan speeds and would love to know if you resolved this problem and how. All too often drivers will access the site to find answers for their issues, receive helpful or not so helpful advice and then not post the resolution. Please help the rest of us who many times are facing the same problems by closing the circle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    You have a dead short. That means it is going directly to ground. Surprising wires havnt melted. Use an ohm meter, with power disconnected - always with ohm meter, and see when the neddle or guage 0's out. When it does that is the circ

4. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    circuit that is bad or shorting to ground. . the thingy controls the motor speed. the other sensors talk to the controller in the dash. its going up and down because it is varing the power to the motor. without using the switch. see if you can power the motor directly by not using the varible resistor (the thingy). it will have only two speeds , on at full and off.

5. Helowrenchturn2

Helowrenchturn2 Medium Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
  6. Charette1272

Charette1272 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2016
    I have the same problem. I replaced the u shaped resistor. Worked great for 24 hours. My blower motor was making that worn out clicking sound while it was running. I think I need a new blower. Probably another resistor now too if it got burned out. Im pissed because now the dealer is closed and only rear ac til I can get to another dealer later this week. I found taking this dash apart ti be a pain. Buy extra clips, because they bend/ break easy....

7. dorlia2

dorlia2 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    DOWNERS GROVE
    Replaced the blower motor and the "half moon" resistor and still no fix to the variable speed. Any ideas why the speed fluctuates without touching anything. Thanks in advance

8. Mudman78

Mudman78 Light Load Member

May 23, 2016
    Press your thumb against the faceplate just above where the fan speed knob and temperature control knob are. Don't be afraid to press a little hard. If the fan speed fluctuates every time (or even most of the time) you press your thumb, the circuit board inside that switch plate is bad. It's not serviceable. You need to replace the whole switch assy. and it's not cheap.

9. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    Its a 36mm speaker on the back on the dash
    Ca 3p min job and 3$ tio fix it
    Check youtube and the forum you will find the how to.
    Btw the huzzer is mentory in by dotvand a oof reason

10. Jooeugen

Jooeugen Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2021
    Ac blower reacement :

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.