2009 Volvo Keyless Entry FOB Programming

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Mastercraft, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Leadfoot1442

Leadfoot1442 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2015
    Try "keylessentryremotefob.com". They have FOB's and instructions. I have tried instructions from Volvo and have had NO success. Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Morkable

Morkable Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Any updates on this?

4. Moneasa

Moneasa Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Here you go guys 20190929_214953.jpg

86scotty, KB3MMX and tmakt Thank this.
  5. Gogi

Gogi Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Following procedure worked on my 2007 VN780. I had one working remote and one new. These are instructions for Volvo car.

Step 1
    Make sure all doors are closed, as well as the hood. Make sure the tailgate or trunk is locked. Get into the car and lock all doors.

Step 2
    Insert the key and turn it from the insertion position (position I) to the "on" position (position II - not the "start" position) five times. In other words, all the dash lights come on, but the engine doesn’t start. When you turn the key to ON the fifth time, leave it there. You have 10 seconds to perform this whole step.
    Step 3
    Hold down each remote button for a second or two, so the car identifies those buttons as the ones to respond to. If you want multiple remotes to work for that car, you’ll need to hit the buttons on each of them in rapid succession (all within 5 seconds) as well. You can program up to three remotes per car.

Turn the ignition off.

6. Gogi

Gogi Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Also, during procedure keep an eye on cab signal lights, not dash. Each time you press button on new remote they should turn off and then back on. Then turn ignition off.

7. GetFreighted

GetFreighted Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2023
    Cleveland OH

8. GetFreighted

GetFreighted Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2023
    Cleveland OH
    Where was this locksmith located ??

9. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Anyone knows what is the procedure for the new body style VNL? I have a 2021 that has one fob and this procedure posted here doesn’t work. Any info on that?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.