2012 Freightliner Cascadia

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by kyle.norman, Jun 17, 2015.

1. kyle.norman

kyle.norman Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Ok so my truck has nearly 300000 miles on her and on somedays if I am on a long haul and drive for 6 or 7 hours and then shut her off for fuel or what ever reason. She will not crank at all when I try to start her up again. I hear 6 or 7 clicks come from under the hood and when I turn the key it is like the batteries are dead. I know they are not dead because usually after an hour or more sitting with the hood open she will crank right up with no assistance and if I can get rolling sooner I will jump start her or roll start her if I can. Any ideas. My company will not fix anything because everytime i put her in the shop she starts up just fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    my 2012 Cascadia had same problem. first I changed the solenoid (goes on top of the starter) and clicks -no turn disappeared but later after 3 mounts my started died. I know that all factory installed Cascadia starters are defective. go to dealer and buy a new starter. I think they have improved it now.

4. the454kid

the454kid Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    King northCarolina
    Same thing used to happen on my 01 379 the starter had a bad spot in it some where used to have to tap on it with a hammer

5. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Same with my '06 International with an ISX in it. Complete starter / solenoid replacement the best solution. Hard to convince a fleet shop to do it when it starts intermittently. Usually seems to take a total road call job to convince them of anything.

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    something with those starters that when they start to go bad, they don't seem to want to work when they're hot.......had the same problem......finally the starter gave up all together and I replaced it.......at about 400k

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.