2013 KW T660 freon amount?

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by 13Kdub, Aug 12, 2016.

1. 13Kdub

13Kdub Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2016
    My AC compressor bit the bullet yesterday. It was running fine and then the ac started blowing hot air and the compressor released some black rubber type crap out of the front by the clutch. Now it is constantly hot air. I am going to buy another compressor and drier tomorrow from KW and then vacuum it out myself and recharge the system. My question is how much freon actually goes in? I also have an APU on the truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allan M

Allan M Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    I have a 2005 KW T2000 and every Kenworth shop has always said that all Kenworths take 4 lbs of refrigerant.

cptdragn Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    There should be a sticker or a tag somewhere on one of the A/C components. Usually near the service ports but I've seen them on the driers and compressors as well. Should tell you exactly what you need to charge the system.

5. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    For a sleeper berth T660, I've seen the tags say 3 lbs. 12 oz. and I've seen some with tags saying 4 lbs. on the nose. If in doubt, call the parts department of a KW dealership and give them the last six of the VIN.
    Those tags are usually on the dryer on those... if that's been replaced, it won't be on there.

6. cptdragn

cptdragn Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    South Ala

Been told the same thing and mine took 4 lbs when I had replace the hoses and recharge. 2003 T600 aerocab

Allan M Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.