2016 RV delivery wrap up

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by lastone in, Sep 12, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Transport is a lucrative life style. If you like new RV's that is perfect.

Any time you can make a profit it's worth doing, however small. Chain season is upon us all now, snowing in canada and montana if I see the weather correctly this week. So that's over and done with for the year.

I would choose to be involved in something other than RV's the last few big ones I manuevered around the auction house until 2009 in Adesa of little rock turned out to be like moving a house on wheels even for me and my experience with large heavy vehciles.

The ultimate in transport lies in aircraft. The old great circle route where planes leave Atlanta, go to Bangor Maine then to Greenland, then Ireland then Europe and finally africa where they are used in the Bush. The pilot flies back home.

Another form of transport in aviation lies in the business jets with Dassault Falcon, every few hours a new fresh built plane arrives in Little Rock from France 6 hours away and there they are fitted out and delivered to the customer with hardwood furnature and interiors to order. Looking at 25 or more millions involved in a heavy bizjet, particularly one able to sail at 50,000 feet and mach .90 or faster is big time economy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    My point is pretty simple if you are working for peanuts and barely break even, you are not helping solving a situation but you only make it worse, there is some peoples out there that would like to do it and make a living at it but as long as there is peoples willing to do it for almost free the situation won't change!

4. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I don't think you're seeing the irony in your post. If you're doing it for less than you're happy with you're also part of your problem. Is this not a free market with market driven wages? Why don't you stop hauling for less than what you're happy with? The retiree says he's happy. Says he enjoys it. You'll never win that situation. Like I said it's just like bagging groceries. When there are people willing to bag for minimum wage you'll never command more than your competition. This is economics 101 man. So you like hauling RVs. That's great then you need to decide if the money is good enough to continue. Not blame the retiree for your misfortune for lack of a better word.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  5. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    Irony....i don't even haul or touch RV, and just can't understand why someone would work for free.

But hey what do i know....now that's irony!

6. Slay

Slay Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Just wondering what happened to my reply on this thread? Why was it removed?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.