34hr at Moab

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by truckthatpassesyouby, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I carry a bike with me, do about 1500 miles a year. Moab is fantastic for either on road/paved trail or mountain biking. It will be busy around any holiday, buy the space if need be and be a tourist.

207nomad and Sublime Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    i have friends who are from Moab, and they say don't park anywhere in the main part of town, they need the parking for the tourest. North of town along the highway is fine.(sorry there is no walmart or kamrt)
    And before anyone say but trucks bring it.
    Moab is a small little town in so. utah , they get all their supplies from Salt lake or Denver ( food service day cabs etc. But they all park at the north end hotels.

4. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    When i drove OTR i always had my mountain bike in the top bunk. I couldn't have even dreamed of getting a 34 in Moab. The dirt lot north of town across from the rock store would be perfect. There are a few trailheads right near by. Some trails are even paved for road bikes.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  5. Murkster1970

Murkster1970 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2016
    The Shell is out. The lot is leased to SST and Sisco. No parking.

SLCTrucker Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think there's an app for that; it's a mountain hiking simulator for the laptop. Even a 400 lb. chain smoker can ace it.

7. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    I had a blow out in moab and went to that lot. The owner came over and was very rude and agressive. I told him I had a blow out and apologized. He said he would let me park overnight for 15 bucks I think. He said "and don't #### or piss in my lot" from his attitude I guessed he had some bad experiences with drivers

SLCTrucker Thanks this.
  8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    You would be surprised 2016-07-23 13.55.36.jpg

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is alot of tourist stuff to do. My thing was either steam trains or horseback mostly. If you can get a bobtail into it. Musuems too. Polk City had a aviation museum on the airfield with like 40 acres at the gate. They made us welcome with our 18 wheeler there on grass for a half day visit before they switched from museum to active preservation.

Spouse loved the Gulf Coast, the people and food was good to her. But I had to extricate the rig out of some very tight spots she will pull into. Amazing sometimes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.