$5800 overweight ticket! 18 months driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by eivery10, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    "The GPS told me to use this road" isn't an excuse for running overweight on a restricted road. You should use this as a learning experience to do the professional thing and not just assume it's okay to run down any road because it's convenient. Check for signs, check your local transportation lists of roads, do everything in your power to AVOID getting the ticket in the first place.

And expecting your company to pay for your mistake is just despicable. They didn't tell you to go down the road, they are not responsible. Some people these days in this industry are starting to frustrate me... and I've only been doing this for a little over a year.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    OP, you are very fortunate. If I got a big fine for doings something illegal, there is absolutely no way my company would pay for it. And, I am a good worker, too!

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Guys that have the attitude the OP has, are the ones that try to turn trucking into a McJob.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  5. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    Million buck question. Is your GPS for truck drivers?

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I only used my truck gps for speed and junction view. And it is pretty right on as far as the logs go also. Never used it for that just compared a few times.

7. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    It could have been much worse for the OP. First, Pennsylvania is a tough state on weight restricted routes, so the $5,800 fine is not out of the norm for here. Second, it is a suspendable offence in Pennsylvania to operate a cdl without your physical license on your person, so he is lucky the officer did not write him unlicensed operation of a commercial motor vehicle on top of the weight fine.

Moral of the story, you are the professional so have your crap in order before you go to work and pay attention to where you are.

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Did Roony know that Ali G was a comedian?

9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I'm about tired of the handful of you guys that lean on the quote "You are the professional truck driver,you are responsible"

When the Pay structure starts coinciding with "im to be a professional at all times".. then you can badger these drivers left and right.

The old adage is correct.."You get what you pay for"

If you think for just a second that a driver working OTR making 36,000 per year with subpar benefits is going to work professionaly at all times, your only kidding yourself.

Like I say...When company drivers start getting paid adequate wages and benefits 70-80k annual salaries..Then you can Mock their unprofessionalisms..

We have guys here in the Steel mill making 95k per year with zero deductible healthcares.....Comin' to work moping around flipping a switch here n there.....

So, Start paying drivers whats right Mr. Carriers

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I don't think so..... That is some funny tho !

11. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    $95,000 a year with an excellent benefits package, with zero deductibles, is a worker's dream come true. One cannot ask for any better.

This steel mill sounds as though it has union representation, possibly the United Steel Workers Union, (USW), with some lucrative and powerful contracts.

SADLY & UNFORTUNATELY, a lot of the well paying steel mill jobs, along with other well paying manufacturing jobs have been eliminated, due to the jobs being automated or being OUTSOURCED to overseas companies.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    stayinback Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.