6/21/16 Is the beginning of my Schneider career!!!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Waggledaddy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Wait, what was the question?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Call JG Wentworth 877 Cash Now. It's my money and I want it now! Never driver related. Got it.

4. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    What's the light pole incident ?

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

5. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Was leaving a warehouse on this narrow city side street. Came to a light to make a right hand turn. I knew it would be a tight turn so I hugged to the left as much as I could and tried button hook a bit. In doing so I lost view of my passenger side. I started my turn after passing the first lane almost to the middle of the 2nd lane where I used the left turn lane to complete my turn. I must have turned to quickly because I noticed I was going to hit the pole. The truck behind me saw it too and backed up. His passenger got out and backed me up a couple get to where I would clear by swinging out further. They were in a Pepsi truck I guess leaving the plant next to the P&G warehouse. The quickness in which they got out made me think that they had done it before. It's pretty tight back there. I wouldn't be surprised. Had I not been paying attention I'd had been looking for a job lol. But those guys really bailed me out too. Very appreciative!!! If I see someone struggling I always offer to help. It's just better to help than see something messed up. We're all trying to provide. If not for our families for ourselves. It don't take much time to help someone. One reason I like this forum so much.

6. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi

I have had to call the police 3 times as I got into a place I couldn't make turn etc...all 3 times the men in blue were cool. You will be fine. I doubt Schneider would have fired you for a pole. You might be watching videos for a month but poles are designed to break off.

You appear to be doing a fine job.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

91B20H8 and Waggledaddy Thank this.
  7. Newbeav Newbie

Newbeav Newbie Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    The first year is the hardest. Just watch and learn...I've been out here 5 years - you never stop learning.

8. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Hmmmmm how to start this, today and yesterday have been quite fun. I mean fun in the rotting in hell sense. I start off my first day back with a 554 mile run. I'm thinking GREAT!!! I'm at the OC but they send me to a place to pick up an empty. 30 miles away. So I bobtail my 30 miles and begin to play Schneider's version of where's Waldo but with large orange trailers. I get there and the guard doesn't look twice before saying we don't have any empties. Hmm weird. Then he says he already turned 2 other guys away for empties. Odd. I leave and park on the side and call the DBLs. I rarely ever get mine. So I talk to another guy. I tell him they don't have empties. He says "all you have to do is send a message under exceptions that there are no empties." I said "that's all I have to do? Then go on with my assignment to pick up my load?" He didn't answer me but immediately went into "oh yeah, someone called in yesterday and was there and didn't have empties we sent them next door". It's important to know that because he didn't answer me I assumed (like a #######) that that's what he meant. Also he could not have even heard me. For the benefit of the doubt on his behalf. Either way, I go next door and guess what they said? If you guessed that they wouldn't give me an empty you're right. But this guard tells me they NEVER give empties and Schneider needs to quit sending people over because I was the 4th one turned around today. WTFF???? Now I'm just pissed. I say forget it (but with another F word) and go on. I put in that they wouldn't give an empty like he told me and went to pick up my load. I've had enough. Well, I hadn't had enough. This place tells me I can't pick up without an empty. LOL. Ohhhh myyyyy FFFFF. They won't even let me stay in the parking lot to call. So I go to a truck stop 10 miles or so away and call. Lucky me same guy. I say "Man, I did what you told me. I put they wouldn't give me an empty and moved on to my assignment". "Oh no" he says "You need an empty to pick up". I said "yeah I found that out". He said "you have to wait for us to update your assignment". "I sit and wait?" I say "and don't get paid? Come on man I'd be not getting paid all day if I waited for yall. I need an empty, I'm sick of playing games. It's been 3 hours wasted of my day so far." He says he's going to send me one in a minute and I wait. Again. I get an update. Guess where it's at? The OC. Where I started my day. 3 hours ago. I go get it. Drop it. Pick up the paperwork. And then go to pick up the trailer and I notice the curb side front tandem tires are all ate up. It looks like someone did donuts in it (pivot turns whatever you call it). Just the inside of the tread was rubbed down. The rest of the tire had really good depth. Phone call again. Get set up to go to tire store. Go there. Get 2 tires in less time than it takes to find a Schneider trailer and I'm off. I clocked in at 0830 its 1530 and I've run 100 miles and I'm finally ready to take off. I did talk to my DBL and he said he would take care of me. Whatever that means. But when I called up I asked for him. They tried to help me and I insisted. They still persisted and I told the nice young lady you don't want to handle this call. She transferred me lol. I make up some miles and call it a night. Couldn't find a parking spot at 3 truck stops so I gave up and parked in front of an abandoned grocery store. Slept pretty good not being next to a reefer or a 1979 Peterbuilt. I did have to sleep in a bit because I drove so late. Today I drop off my load and go pick up my empty. It's damaged. Looks like the forklift scrapped it leaving a gash about 6 inches long that you can see light through. Not real wide. Nothing a quarter tube of heavy duty weather resistant silicone (or whatever gray thing they use). Well I made the mistake of calling it in and reporting it. This resulted in me waiting 2 hours for a phone call from SEM. In the middle of that wait I get a bit heated. I was bored so decided to navigate crossroads. Thank the pumpkin gods I did. I accidentally clicked assignments and saw that the trailer I'm scheduled to swap this empty with its pending defects. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!! So I call up AGAIN and some DBL answers I ask her what's wrong with it. The answer I get is comical "I'm sure it'll be fine, just go deliver it". By this time I'm done. "It'll be fine? It'll be fine? That's your answer? The same people that sent me to get an empty, along with 3 other people to the same place, that didn't have an empty at all? It'll be fine. What is wrong with you people?" She replies "hold on I'm going to let you talk to your DBL." 5 min later another guy answers the phone "can I help you". I lay into him. "No, you guys can't even transfer a phone call right. It must be next to the same button you push to get phantom locations for empty trailers to be picked up". I doubt he hears any of this because the whole time he's trying to talk over me too let me know he's going to transfer again. I get my DBL. We go back and forth a little bit. With really no ground gain. This is messed up. I'm not upset about having to deal with stuff like tires needing replaced or a trailer wall needing to be patched and I think he thinks that is what it's about. It's not. The fact that I had to wait 2 hours to find out that I needed to drive to where I was originally going anyway that took 1.5 hours to drive. That's an issue. I asked to go. They said no. Yesterday about the trailer hunt. They look at multiple computer screens. They apparently don't have the software to tell them they are sending drivers to areas that don't have empties. They can't even see what is the pending defect or that there is a pending defect on a trailer that they have loaded and assigned to someone. Btw it's just a missing mud flap but it gives me a heads up to buy one before going there. But it could have been worse. And the excuse I was given was if too many people had access to it they could change the status and that would be dangerous. SOLVED!!! DON'T ALLOW IT TO BE CHANGED JUST VIEWED! But I'm just a truck driver......

Cledus Snow and TennMan Thank this.
  9. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    this is where the crossroads mobile version comes in on mts at a location. btw dbls dont assign squat as far as trailers. that falls on box planning. dbls arent allowed any longer to send you to a place they know or believe has trailers. only box planning.

now if you ARE at a location that has mts your dbl can put a specific trailer on you. but they cant send you some place on their own.

10. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Funny, I had asked him about that. Kind of. He said "you can go next door and get one. I know because yesterday I sent a guy from where you're at to there." I said "wait, so if I go to a place and it doesn't have an empty I can just go anywhere and get one?" He said "no, you have to be assigned to go there." He then checked if they had one. They showed one availableand he sent me there. I went there and they wouldn't let me have it lol. And they said I was the 4th to come by today looking for one. So it sounds like they just do whatever. Wild.

11. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Still this 90 day dbl team right?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.