6/21/16 Is the beginning of my Schneider career!!!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Waggledaddy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Lol The nonsense they send. I guess Usain Bolt is the first Olympic athlete to defect to another country during the Olympics. He was wearing the green and yellow when I saw him run.....lol

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Just got my furthest run so far. 736 miles. Took out a chunk and got 665 left. I'm going to try to break 600 tomorrow. Anyone do that governed at 60? Closest I have gotten was 579. Had I known it was that much, if I remember my timing right, I could have pushed a little more to get it. It'll be Sunday so minimal traffic. Seems possible.

Went to a place this morning to pick up a load. Guy said I was too late. They shipped it out three weeks ago. He said mine was different from the last three guys that came in. They all had the same exact load number. What are these people doing? This isn't a DBL complaint here. Way above the mess ups they are capable of. It does make me wonder if they have some kind of pool in the office. One where the winner of the most bone headed, messed up, crazy stupid mistake is rewarded with the money at the end of the year. They have a big award ceremony at some fancy establishment. Paid for by the $1.6 million saved from the 401k fund. Pennywise is crowned clown of the year. Utt ohhhh. Too much alone time again. The mind is wandering.

Kind of a crappy day. Only 395 miles. 3 hours left on drive time. 1 hour on 14. Can't deliver till 8am Monday morning so I shut down. Almost went home cause I drove through there. But decided to get an hour head start instead. Did stop and get dinner with the wife though. Ticked at myself because I haven't fueled at the OC in a while so I've neglected my windshield washer fluid. I'm out. Gotta remember to do that. I think when I come home and do my post trip I'll do it in the aisle instead. That'll get me to remember.

One last thing. Not sure if this is a me thing or if in doing something wrong or what but when I set my NAT sometimes it doesn't go through. It says to update my NAT past my ETA. It is though. So that's what I don't get. Sometimes it says that but still goes through. Sometimes I have to wait for the message to come that my ETA was updated and then do my NAT. Today I just got irritated on waiting and left without "finishing all assignments" then got a message when I was down the road to do it. Does this sound familiar at all to anyone?

Thanks as always. Remember to tip your servers. You don't have to go home. But you can't stay here!!! To the sleeper I go!!!

4. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    Yep :) if everything goes right and you're on flat land.

Sending out stupid messages about the olympics :D

Yes you are correct about the ETA/NAT thing. It is a major flaw in the software, doubt it will ever be fixed.

5. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    I rolled into the parking facility about two hours ago and by the time I will get home it will be midnight. The computer set my NAT for Monday 8 AM. Do you guys think the DBL will let me stay home until Tuesday since I got back so late today? Should I change the NAT myself now before I leave the truck or wait to see what the DBL will say tomorrow? I already sent him a message and email stating my desire to be home an extra day.

6. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Going from West Memphis to Brighton MI. I think Brighton at least. Pretty flat I'm guessing. What's your highest? Remember where to and from?

Also, so no way around the NAT thing? Just deal with it?

7. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    I'd change it now and just stay home. Unless you have a preassignment, which I doubt. The only thing from what I gather that it hurts is your TAH%. Now do it more often and they may get on you. But talk with your DBL after. As long as they are in the loop you should be good.

8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I would change it to Tuesday and that's when I'd come back to work.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  9. cobudbelly

cobudbelly Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Center Point, TX 78010
    Yeah should be able to get 600 depending on the area. In Texas its pretty easy, not many elevation changes. Dallas to El Paso is 636 miles and a real nice easy run.

TennMan and Waggledaddy Thank this.
  10. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    613? is my highest since I started paying attention. It was just shuttling d&h around Ohio/MI and everything went well. What usually catches me is some sort of snag in the day, hopefully you don't hit any problems tomorrow. Yes, as far as I know there is no way around the NAT thing. It is incredibly frustrating, I know.

I agree with @TennMan , just set the NAT and go home since you already sent a message and email.

11. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    I'm regional, also, so I guess it depends on your type of home time. I'm "home weekly". It's only for 34hr restart though. Which is about 16 hours awake. And most likely won't be weekends lol. So what I do to add up time is don't go home weekly. I'll go home for a 34 (depending on hours) between 8-10 days. If it's weekend I'll stay home all weekend and come back Monday morning. Even if it's over my 34 hour restart. From what my DBL told me was, "you make your hours and choose your days off. Now if your home to much it affects your bonus. If it's really bad they'll let you know it can't happen anymore." So don't take advantage of it, basically. This would be much better to hear from your DBL though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.