6/21/16 Is the beginning of my Schneider career!!!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Waggledaddy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Yes, that's right. I did go to 41 on center of rear axle. So that's good to know that it's actually center of tandems instead. I think if I remember right I'm in the 12th hole. And technically, I'm a little forward of center. I could have gone another hole for center of axle. I didn't want to be wrong or push it. So it sounds like I was more forward anyway and would have been safe either way. So, then 41 on center of tandems would have been another 4 holes right? 6 inches each hole right? So I could have been in the 16th or 17th hole and still been fine. Something I have been wondering is if the tandem hole placement vs the 41ft/43ft line is always the same? I've been seeing a difference in a hole being in front of the stop block and sometimes no hole. This is the first time I had to come close to weighing in and dealing with the ft line. Most heavy loads I've been 10th hole or less. The school I went to went over a lot of weight distribution scenarios. But we never physically weighed. Never physically moved tandems till I got here. They went over some here but not very much. I guess it's something you learn as you deal with it? It is great to have a community like this though. I appreciate all your help guys. Can't believe I'm crying again......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The only trailers you can use hole counts for are the TA9xxxxx trailers. Those are all Wabashes, with the same hole size and placement. The 14th hole is the 43 foot mark.

The ta1 series trailers have pins all over the place with no standard on anything. Each model year is just a little off, and we have three different brands - Wabash, Hyundai, and Great Dane. Plus about a dozen Staughtons running around for good measure. Those I just eyeball off the sticker and the center of the rear axle.

Or measure from the nose to the center of the kingpin (usually 3 feet), subtract from 53, then measure up from the dot bumper and you've got the distance between kingpin and center of rear axle. Usually 7 feet.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  4. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    First sentence made me laugh lol. You can't make this stuff up. Yes I'd try to get something for the 5 hours wasted, you chose to do it the SAFE way.. I probably would've just taken the load, depending on where you were going...for example if you were delivering in the buckeye state, you could've made it work.

301 is scenic on the VA half but the further up in MD you get, the more lights you hit. (Think 30 through Indiana.) In lighter traffic times it makes more sense to take 95.

Congrats on popping your east coast cherry ;)

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  5. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    It's not just milage pay but stop off as well. Plus layover. Not getting the events updated to reflect those 9 miles can cost him $80

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  6. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    But then he'd have to make sure that they don't put the scale in as "non-freight related", correct? I've had that one pulled on me.

They always tried to screw me on layover over in van, also.

7. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    It's always going to be non freight related. You just get with the ol' dbl and they add the pay manually. In waggle's case he may need to use finger puppets to get the point across.

Waggledaddy, milehunter43 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  8. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I pulled a random Vanguard trailer last week. The mechanic in Kenton said it was the first one he's seen come through.

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    thats too much work. I'll just use the distance stickers. What can go wrong?

20161014_120234.jpg

edit to add , yes this is my current trailer. And I will be visiting the obetz trailer shop to see if they will correct it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Waggledaddy, AM14, gentleroger and 2 others Thank this.
  10. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Wow. I haven't seen that yet but I had one 2 weeks ago that had each sticker set back a few feet. The 43" mark was a foot from the end of the trailer. I thought they started buying orange 48 footers for a second.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  11. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    That's hilarious. It really is. I'm dying.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.