6nz Cat C15 injector problem

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by freightlinerfever11, Apr 13, 2012.

1. freightlinerfever11

freightlinerfever11 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    Just got done overhauling my C15 all brand new reman parts and i had two reman injectors go bad in 6000 miles...anyone else have this happen?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Far_Call

Far_Call Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Australia
    Just a few times LOL
    I cannot stress enough DO NOT USE CAT REMAN injector.. Buy New Only or service the original Injectors.

4. little cat 500

little cat 500 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
    yes i had it happen to me at around 7800 miles new injectors not remans and it still don't run right new every thing exept the cam witch is the 130-9710 and every body i talk to says it can't be the cam

5. freightlinerfever11

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    it crossed my mind to buy just new ones but it came in the overhaul kit but it drops one more injector there all getting ripped out and cat can eat the price on them

6. freightlinerfever11

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    it ran perfect up until the last 300 miles, when we tore it down the cam and crank still looked brand new at a million miles, sure hope it dont keep having problems

7. little cat 500

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
    don't waste your money the new injectors don't last any longer than the remans

8. Far_Call

Aug 21, 2009
    Australia
    Another problem I see with New or Reman is the way they are Handled prior to installation.
    DO Not use Rag or get Rag anywhere near the injector once you take it out of the Cat Packaging. Use a plastic back and install it.. The smallest piece of Lint, Dirt, Paint, will play merry hell with the actuator.

Even when you remove them don't wash them or attempt to wipe them clean.. Just place in a plastic bag till your ready to re install.

When you replace a head or at engine rebuild time you must ensure there is no containments in the head fuel rail or the fuel lines between the secondary and the head.. It take only the tiniest piece of foreign material to mess with the actuator.
    Sometimes they stick Open and the engine will misfire
    Sometimes they stick closed and it will smoke and knock its head off
    Most times it just makes the actuator sticky and it tends to miss and fart.

9. freightlinerfever11

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    well hopefully its just bad luck lol

10. little cat 500

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
    i think it's more bad part's than luck but i do wish you luck

11. Far_Call

Aug 21, 2009
    Australia
    I would totally disagree with that statement sorry.

The remans are that bad its vary rare to test a set of six straight out of the packet and get six to work even remotely similar.

At least with six new ones you can test and calibrate them 99% of the time and get them to flow very nicely.

Even if you get 6 remans that work OK the flows can be upto 10%~15% out and without re calibration you will have hot and cold pots and more Valve recession. Not to mention vibrations. and poor power and high fuel consumption.

Sometimes you will jag 6 reasonable remans but that's rare.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.