A/C needs more power

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by miguelmorales, Jun 4, 2016.

1. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Try putting a new motor in and compare cfm..?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I'm not sure if the T600's are like the W900's or not, but my W900 has no cab filter, which means all that dirt that the filter SHOULD catch is now clogging up my evaporator core. Same symptoms: air is cold, just not much of it. I need to pull the system down and take the box apart for a good cleaning.

It's on my never-ending list of stuff I need to do...

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  4. DustyRoad

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Service manuals are real hard to come by, I think only dealers are allowed to access, the easy way is pull it apart and hope to remember how to put it back together. The cab filter on my T600 was in the air intake under the hood. The fan is under the glove compartment, and there is a drain hose that must also be cleaned to prevent water from blocking the ventilation system.....high humidity can cause problems.

5. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Who said it's working properly.? Let's see..maybe electric vent motor stuck partially shut,vacuum leak (if it's only coming out defrost vents) clogged cabin filter or blower motor faulty (pulling too many amps) just some thoughts

6. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Coil is probably closed, 9 years even with a filter it will clog up, add a smoker and it gets worse.
    Buy coil cleaner at a ac supply like Johnstone
    You might need to pull blower motor out to see coil

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  7. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I just replaced my blower motor and let me just say that I didn't even know about some of the vents that are there. After I replaced it I was amazed at the air flow, $50 for the blower and the hour to install, well let me just say it was more than worth it and I would do it again. Also while I had the blower out it gave me the opportunity to clean the AC coils, which definitely needed it.

DustyRoad and ExOTR Thank this.
  8. DustyRoad

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Yeah, nothing like a job well done to make you feel like a champ.....Thanks for sharing!

9. kwcam

kwcam Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2012
    at the shop
    There can be a blockage of air flow from debris build up between the evaporator core and heater core, what happens is the moisture coming off the evaporator hits the heater core and causes any dust, pet hair etc to stick, most the time the lower fan speeds stop due to the resistor burning out from not enough air flow over the elements.
    Best to separate and blow each one out.
    Kenworth has the poorest air filter system for their heaters on the T800, putting on an out side filter helps but even then there is a gap between hvac box and side plenum that allows dust to still get in. I have had to silicone the gap on every truck in our fleet, the drivers even notice the differents.

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  10. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.