A few Lease Questions

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by akfisher, Apr 16, 2016.

1. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I've seen leases from dealers and rental/lease agents. Nicest looking lease I read was a PAC Lease but, I don't know how that actually works. It just reads nice. Take that truck anywhere you want.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    His question is if you are leased onto a company, can you run freight for other companies while leased on ... disposition of the truck is irrelevant in this situation.

4. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    According to my Operating Agreement with Schneider, as long as I cover their name and number, I can pull spot freight from elsewhere

5. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    So who's name n numbers do you put on?

6. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Not their problem. Your own or whomever you are working for.

7. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    if it is a lease threw a trucking company they are the only one you can drive for, and you have no rights to the truck until you buy it out. if you get a truck from a third party and lease it to a company you can do what you want unless you are pull there trailer. you can use there trail to haul for another company. but if your not happy with then you can take your truck and go some where else. I wouldn't do a company lease

8. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Watched a video with a driver doing Full Maintenance Lease and he brought up some valid points. Basicly saying he makes for money on average over time leasing rather than purcasing. Adding in taxes, depreciation, breakdowns, etc....

9. 2010CascadiaOwner

2010CascadiaOwner Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2016
    What Does the LEASE SAY???

Did Your LAWYER READ AND ADVISE YOU ON THIS MATTER???

IF the Lease does NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY NO, Then YES YOU CAN.
    and Vise Versa...

But Most LEASES ARE PRO COMPANY AND ANTI YOU!!!

Just in case you didn't know...

10. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    My next question is can you take off for two months and be ok as long as you pay the payment or do the demand it is working?

11. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Actually most if not all owner operator leases have clauses that allow you to do so. If not, that can be misclassification issue. The carriers argue that LPs and O/Os are independent contractor. The courts have used mobility as an IC litmus test. If an IC can't go somewhere else and ply his or her trade, then he or she may not be an IC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.