A good trucking company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Crazytrucker77, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Before I started with this company I tried to find some info on it and there wasn't much to find so here is the scoop. I work for James H Clark and Sons based in Murray Utah (slc area). I have been with them for almost five months and I am very happy with the company. They are a family owned business and have been open for quite awhile. They are a small company with just under 100 trucks on the road which is one of the things I like. They realize the driver is the heart of the company and treat you as such. All the staff is very friendly and willing to do whatever they can to help you. As far as wages go it is on the lower end of what is considered average, but you get good miles pretty consistently. They will run you where you want, I myself am western regional and run primarily back and forth between Utah, California, Oregon, and Washington.

They only offer company driver positions so if you want to be an O/O you can't do it here. As far as equipment wise most of their trucks are Peterbuilt all though there are a few Volvos, and Internationals. There trucks come with inverters and are very well maintained. Well it's time for me to hit the road so I will some this up. If you want to work for a company where you will know everyone by name and they know yours and you don't mind not getting rich then this would be a good company for you.

Thediamond13 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    do they run all 48 or just stay here in the west?

4. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    They do run all 48 but are primarily western 11 and Texas

5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Good to hear someone happy with their employer posting .

6. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    I know it's few and far in between to hear a post like mine. Even after the week I had last week I still like my company. Lets just say it was the week from hell. My truck broke down for a day, I had to swap loads 4 times because they were trying to get me home, one driver left me with a trailer that had no tread on one of the tires, and one of my appointments was not possible to make. I was 4.5 hours late. But on the plus end when I got to my appointment the driver that left me that trailer was there so I gave him a piece of my mind. Made me feel better.

7. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I almost went to work for them. I know they are a good and solid company. Happy where I am now, but if things ever change I will be in touch with them.

8. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. What is the pay if you can tell me. Do you know they pay scale? Do the trucks have APUs? If not, what's their idle policy? How many miles a week do you realistically average? Would you let your own mother drive for them? (That's a serious question. It says how much you like and trust them.)

9. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    I am sorry but I choose not to discuss pay of my company, but like I said it's on the lower end of what is considered average.

The trucks don't have APU units and the idle policy is anything over 70 or under 20 idle it.

As far as milage goes we just got through a slow time and I was only averaging about 1900, but now I am back up to between 2200 and 2500.

If my mother was interested then yes I

10. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Ok so here is an update. I have started to keep track of the miles I have been driving to get a better idea of what I am doing. I reviewed all of my pay stubs and figured out that I am only getting an average of 1900 ish miles like I previously said. I talked to the planners and dispatch about this and they were as shocked as me. I opened myself up to taking runs into the mid west to help with my mileage so I am going to wait awhile to update my mileage.

I think there are a couple of reasons why I am getting such low mileage. I had to stay within 3-4 days of Oregon up until a month ago do to some legal proceedings with my ex landlord. This meant I was doing loads that were 600-700 miles so I was spending a lot of time sitting at stops. I started getting a bit lazy and if I had extra time on my load I would keep it and relax instead of trying to get an earlier appointment. I think the last reason is that my company rarely preplans for your next load in advance. I am not sure why this is the case at this point, but I will be looking into it. Well I gotta get heading up to Hermiston, OR so I will catch ya on the flip side.

11. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    Is the pay still low or did they give raises

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.