A newbie with no direction.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nosleep4bishop, Sep 24, 2016.

1. nosleep4bishop

nosleep4bishop Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Okay, so this site has been extremely helpful with giving me great insight as to how to ask these companies the correct questions and how to be careful.
    Here's my thing as a newbie though, I was contracted to crst and after three bad trainers I decided to leave, which prompted me to buy out my contract and seek other employment endeavors.
    Now I've talked to several companies and I've been accepted by two. But I'm hesitant because of the bad vibes I get from all the bad reviews I've read about every company so far!
    I have a co-driver who is seasoned and we are looking for a decent company that will accept us. We have been accepted by CE , but all the advice I've been given on this issue has raised some concerns.
    I guess the reason for this post is to find out from you respected vets which company Is decent?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck with whomever you choose.

4. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
  5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So do you actually have your cdl?

6. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Yes.

7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Ok but you haven't complete a training program?

8. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    So you're new, have a co driver and wanna team?

Here's my left field pumpkin

Look into the great pumpkin

No driver camera, decent cpm, decent trucks that go 65mph and a whole lot of freight.

And here's to @Chinatown and @ChinatownJr for more advice.

Whoops, I mean @TROOPER to TRUCKER

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The complainers are always louder than the satisfied drivers. Many drivers, I'm one, complain often as a habit, vaguely thinking once a complaint is identified we can move toward perfection. Perfection isn't going to happen and a complaint is NOT necessarily a sign of a problem.

Have you communicated with current drivers at the company you are considering? A lot of info on the internet is from drivers that worked at the company years ago or knew someone who worked there or heard a rumor but want to give that rumor credibility so they claim it was them or their very best friend that never told a lie giving the info. Talk to current drivers and find out what they are doing. Don't lead them toward one thing or another, just find out what did you do last week, month. What things do you like, dislike. Where do they live, compared to where you live. How is their pay, problems, hometime? Then decide if that was happening to you would you accept it. Picking a company is more about the driver/company fit. If it works for you, great. It doesn't matter if some retired union driver from NYC wouldn't get out of bed for twice that pay.

nosleep4bishop Thanks this.
  10. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Yes I have completed a training course, that's how I was able to obtain my cdl.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    JB hunt is good for teams and heard fed ex is also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.