A Question for Trucking Companies

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Mr. Hollywood, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Mr. Hollywood

Mr. Hollywood Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2015
    That is a sad truth and I can understand that point of view. Maybe, instead of offering bonuses companies should have performance based compensation. If you do your job as a driver this is your compensation, but if you don't we deduct x-amount from your pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr. Hollywood

Nov 15, 2015
    To show that I am not bashing lease programs, I believe that Schneider has one of the best options available (the choice program). I can't calculate there effective mileage rate because it's a percentage based program that gives you access to their load board so you have true power to choose. The main reason I think it is good is because you have more say in if you fail or succeed. The other companies I looked at want you to rely on their dispatching. They say you aren't forced to accept a load, but how long will you have to sit to get another load and what if you don't agree with that one as well?

Cranky Yankee Thanks this.
  4. Mr. Hollywood

Nov 15, 2015
  5. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Who? I'm here. Where are you?

6. Mr. Hollywood

Nov 15, 2015
    Iol, I like the response. I left myself open to that one. I was merely correcting an error in my prior post.

77smartin Thanks this.
  7. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    When your fixed cost is manageable, your profits increase. That makes for a better deal.
    It's not a get rich quick scheme.
    Many cases it's a means to an end.
    My operating break even mileage is 679 for a week. Usually I cover that in a day .

8. Mr. Hollywood

Nov 15, 2015
    Thank you Wickedfire.

9. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    There are a few, very few decent l/p deals that I've seen, Schneider being one of them. Miller transporters has a decent l/p. Problem is, I love the trucks but I wouldn't want the engine (all Paccars). There are others that I've seen but can't think of atm and I'm sure many more that I've never heard of.

I think that if a person wants/needs to do a l/p, they need to do the research, find the few decent programs out there and choose from that list...ignore the rest. You could start a thread asking for a list of decent l/p programs, but it would immediately be bombarded with all the negative comments that every other l/p thread gets...making it uselss.

I personally feel the moderators of this forum should clamp down tight on the l/p haters and allow those who are interested to have civil and decent discussions without the constant harrassment. I'm not currently interested in a l/p deal simply because I haven't seen one that I feel would be a better option for me. If I were to see one that showed some amount of promise, it would truly be nice to be able to start a thread and ask about it without the thread degenerating I to a...well...guess I can't say THAT! :) Carry on :)

Mr. Hollywood and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  10. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    anyone who feels the neccessity to lp should go back under the rock they came from
    is why the constant bashing
    I owned trucks and boats for 35 years was sure I had a leg up on others
    and failed like 9/10 do
    if you pay off the lease you have an old truck and all the headaches
    you have no taxes taken out
    you have no medical insurance
    some can make it work most can't
    and that is the only truth
    companies like Trans Am exist by ripping people off
    l/p deserves everything negative it gets
    and defenders should be horse whipped

11. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    An absolute perfect example of what I just described. Thank you sir.

RERM, TAfool and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.