A Self Dispatch, % Pay, company driver position (small company)

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by HopeOverMope, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Alright, I'm beginning to reach out now for one good, responsible, professional truck driver to be the driver and caretaker of my 2009 387 Pete, blue in color. Class A of course. I will start with with a brief introduction of myself then will list what I think are key points that are beneficial to you and also what I need--------- please excuse the long post as I want to separate the tire kickers from the pack

I don't have a huge presence on TTR here because I read way more than I post but I've been a frequent viewer for many years. I won't put out my name or private information in public but "start a conversation" or private message me and we can further go in to details about whatever you may have questions about. I've been a driver over 5 years now and happened to really get in love with trucking and have become a "trucking nerd" over the years. I have a strong passion for trucking and am expanding my small one truck company into a 2 truck company. I'm creating the environment that I always wish existed. Just a plain, simple, practical style of management, one that actually understands the stresses and value of the driver. I drove for two megas then migrated to Landstar eventually so I know how ugly it gets at the "megas",,, they have to sugar coat it with a fancy truck...
    •I want to hire someone who is tired of the corporate world and the corporate management where you have some kid fresh out of college telling you how to do your line of work
    •I want to hire someone who is self motivated, responsible and who is a generally a good person morally.
    •I want to hire someone who would value having the abilty to dispatch themselves.

%%%% I am leased to Landstar Ranger,,,, so everything you do here will be done through Landstar's system, load board, load alerts (email alerts for new loads as they come in)%%%% |

So since this is Landstar you will basically have a choice of whatever type of trailer you want to haul. Talk to me and we can see what we can work out. I haul flatbed, but I see this truck hauling Van, but we can talk about it.

-----The two programs I can do is, self dispatch paid at 25% linehaul for the probation period of one month, then the percentage goes to 30% of linehaul, 50% of all accessorials /////// the other program will be the regular model of where I would dispatch and the miles will be paid from address to address starting at .45 cents per mile-------- also there will be some extra pays involved (contact me on here about it in private)

:::::Here's some of the pros for you:::::
    •get to drive an owner op speced truck. (This was my orginal truck)
    •the freedom of an owner op without the risk
    •some of the things the truck will come with is; Tripac APU, espar heater, stand up college dorm style refrigerator, flat screen tv with DVD player already mounted, good working CB with low SWR's, scan guage, chrome front bumper and rear panel, Sirius XM radio, inverter with household plugs (I forget the wattage, I think 2000), a comforpedic memory foam mattress, not a mattress topper! ( at the time was more expensive than tempurpedic) ,,, ISX Cummins with an emmisions system that's well taken care of,,, no def
    •truck has been well maintained by me feel free to ask how in a private message
    •Self dispatch!!!!
    •I want someone responsible because I don't plan on checking up on you every minute like the Megas do. It'll be Basically, Just email me the loads you book, and I'll reach out to you if I need to know something or give you a "heads up" on something
    •transflo mobile app for BOL scanning
    •pre pass and Ez pass in truck
    •direct deposit every Friday paid by me
    •workmans comp will be covered by me
    •stay out as long as you need, I would like the truck to run well but it doesn't have to run hard all the time
    •take a week off, that's fine, just be responsible. I look at the big picture. I'm not worried to much about the little things. If I have a good driver in you then you will make the money I need eventually. The big companies don't realize this
    • paid on a W-2 I say, this will be a legal operation.
    •no hand holding, but I will be here for support as needed, and will always be here giving tips and tricks

-----WHAT I NEED-----
    What I need is has more to do with your attitude, common sense, honesty and know how. Of course the more experience the better as long as your not to stubborn to communicate and take a little constructive criticism from time to time. •MUST LIVE WITHIN 300 MILES OF NORTH EAST LOUISIANA! (If you live a little further than this contact me and we can talk). A large part of the success will be in how well we treat the equipment and maintain it. I need someone who understands this and does his/her part to be easy on the truck and not to abuse it. It will be for your benefit and mine!! This is not a mega fleet where we "throw away" trucks!! We continue to use them and treat them right and in turn they do the same for us. ::Also I do expect you to change headlights or marker lights out if they go out. Keeps you & me compliant and there will be spares on board. No need to give TA $50 or a hundred dollars to do it while you waste your time. They're easy to change. 10 minutes tops. Little stuff like this will make sure we succeed by not throwing the hard earned money away.

Besides this you will need to pass Landstar's hiring requirements which are as follows:
    •1 year or more OTR experience
    •no more than 3 moving violations in 3 years
    •no dui
    •no recent felonies
    •haz mat endorsement
    •operate on E-logs (already in truck)

There will be more things they take into consideration, but this is the foundation of what they look at. YOU HAVE TO PUT AN APPLICATION IN WITH LANDSTAR AND BE APPROVED TO BE ASSIGNED TO MY TRUCK.

Pm and we can get on the phone and talk or message on here. I'm not in a huge rush to hire. I will wait until a qualified professional comes along who my intuition tells me is a good decision. This is like a family, you will be helping me support my family and I will be providing unique dependable employment. I can't promise you'll get rich, but I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a great change of speed, and a lot less stressful work environment. This is a self dispatch OTR/Regional position so what you earn will be reflected by your ambition and the freight market. You book the loads so you see what they pay.

When you pm make sure to INCLUDE where you live, because this is also an important part of who I hire. I like to have the truck close by during home time so I can work on things and I have local shops that do most of the rest. Also tell me a bit about yourself, what your currently doing, what you've done in the past and what your future plans are.

I will not discriminate, and am an equal opportunity employer but I will only choose who is the most qualified to me.

Yes I still drive I am a driver too! And look forward to talking to you 318-265-7219 please PM first

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    I drive for landstar. Wish u all the best in your endeavors.

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  4. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS
    Thank you for doing this the right way, and paying a decent wage AND on a W-2. You seem like you've got your stuff straight, I hope you find a great driver that'll help you grow your business.

5. MosquitoBandito

MosquitoBandito Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    This is a great post and pretty much my dream job. I am a new guy though, just going through CDL school. I am posting this so that it is in my history and I can check back with you once I have some mileage under my belt. I can already tell that we would click personality-wise as you sound like a no BS kind of person. If you happen to be looking for someone a year or so from now, I will be in touch!

6. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    POSITION FILLED. Thank you

Ditch Doctor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.