A thread to judge the number of IC's who like or dislike the New Contract.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Aug 29, 2015.

If you had to sign the agreement today would you ?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2015.
  1. Sign and do business as usual

27.8%
  2. Not sign and change companies.

33.3%
  3. Sign and see what happens

38.9%
  1. Letz4wheel

Letz4wheel Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2015
    I think DFO needs to loan me his truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Ugh, a simple explanation a the new contract gripes would be nice for those of us that don't have a clue what you're talking about. ...

4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    There is no simple explanation.

Bottom line is they've differed more costs to the IC, such as tolls, repositioning fines, drug tests, physicals.

There's no give and take its all 1 sided we're losing and not gaining anything.

It's a way to cut company costs while profiting more off the IC.

Just the way the contract reads.

PoleCrusher and icsheeple Thank this.
  5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Sounds like a land starve lease

TennMan Thanks this.
  6. hi beam

hi beam Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Other than going INDEPENDENT, what company has a better contract that would suit your way of running??

Going Independent has its share of headaches, and costs to start is very high unless you have plenty of money to back you up...

I believe before taking any leap, you must consider all options..
    NO contract with any carrier is best for all...

I'm retired, so no dog in this fight, but have seen many sink because they don't think things thru before jumping ship.. That also costs you money and time...... good luck...

7. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    I am and have been considering other options before the contract became another concern of mine.

I've yet to decide one way or the other however if I had to sign today I wouldn't for the simple fact I would feel forced and not comfortable with it at this point.

As of now I'm going to run under the old contract until the last minute. Hopefully SNI will clarify in writing some of the concerns.

My 1st concern has been and always will be home time.

If I get guarantees in writing that I can still go home bobtail without any penalties when I do or when I come back from hometime that will alleviate the main concern I have.

I never jump into decisions without thinking things thru.

That doesn't mean I don't make mistakes.

Although I've yet to be able to recall one....LOL

The poll is so I can judge the overall feeling other drivers have towards the contract.

Their thoughts I consider but do not base my decision off of.

It's also a poll so Sni employees can see and judge how well its being accepted or not.

Maybe they'll see it and make some changes. I doubt it but I never know.

In my closing remarks I'd like to point out that going independent is an option if I choose to buy my truck from SFI then go independent because SFI will not let you get your own authority and lease a truck from them.

We pay 35%plus for SNI to handle the O/O side of the business.

That's about 100 k a year being conservative.

My wife is very familiar with that side of it and is more than willing to do it for 100k.

Grijon, PoleCrusher, RStewart and 2 others Thank this.
  8. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    The other issue with going independent is the freight base.

While I'm not that well informed on it, I have seen the load boards and they're not that great. It seems you would need to own outright your truck and trailer until you get your own customers lined up with good revenue.

9. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    The freight base Schneider has is a huge plus..... but even Schneider pulls double brokered freight so if I went independent I would not worry as much about freight base due to the different boards and ways to obtain freight.

I'm not saying it'd be easy but he. LL if it were easy everyone would do it.

10. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Me thinks SNI found out how much these dumb truck drivers are making and decided to change it up a bit in SNI's favor. Correct?

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I know there are boards out there where you get "assurance" which as I understand gets you paid in 72 hours or less for any load pulled once its delivered and paperwork scanned in...yes the take 3 to 7% So I am not surte a person would have to have a huge reserve of cash.... for the service but thats far less than 35 plus that Schneider is taking...on the other hand Schneider makes it easy to get into a great truck and start running.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

TennMan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.