A thread to judge the number of IC's who like or dislike the New Contract.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Aug 29, 2015.

If you had to sign the agreement today would you ?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2015.
  1. Sign and do business as usual

27.8%
  2. Not sign and change companies.

33.3%
  3. Sign and see what happens

38.9%
  1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    For that 35% Schneider also takes care of the administrative side of trucking. I do think 35% is a little high. Seems 25% was kinda the standard back years ago, at least from the companies I looked at then. It is what it is & a new o/o doesn't have much chance succeeding with their own numbers. Sure some will be not the majority just like only some succeed with leasing on with a carrier. Plus, Schneider does make it easy to start a business. I don't have the financial backing for me to feel comfortable running my own numbers. Plus I wouldn't get the discounts that Schneider offers. Has anyone checked the numbers to see if you would still be money ahead paying more to run the truck & making a higher percentage? I would be interested in seeing those numbers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Repete86

Repete86 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Has anyone ever had a problem getting paid from Schneider as a LC/OO? I bet not.... you know Schneider's money is good, but you go independent and get burnt by a couple brokers?? Hope you have enough in the bank to survive something like that....

drvrtech77 and RStewart Thank this.
  4. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    There's a solution for that, you can take steps to prevent it from happening.

Nothing you can do with SNI through, they now can burn you and you have no recourse.

5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I've never had an issue getting paid by Schneider.

However I do have an issue with earning money and them figuring out a way to take it back from me.

With any Business there's a risk.

I have to weight the Risk verse Reward factor and make my decision.

Besides if everybody only does the easy way What fun would it be to do it at all.

Wait am I still talking about trucking?
    Mickimause is the Blonde in this forum.

6. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    My big fat thumbs seem to type whatever they want too.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  7. hi beam

hi beam Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Before jumping into being an Independent Trucker, ask yourself this question.... Deregulation happened over 30 years ago... How come Truckers are still leasing on to Carriers??
    How come some are suspending their Authority and go back to leasing on to Carriers??

Getting your own Authority is the easy part... Paying upfront costs to setup up that business can get very expensive.. Insurance is one and can easily cost thousand a month.. Getting paid for load hauled, may include factoring, which is an expense, etc, etc.....
    Picking loads off load boards or have your own customers...
    Brokers can be a pain.. I would think there is very little drop and hook you guys always talk about..

Yes, there are rewards too for guys with their own Authority, but most will tell you first starting out isn't as easy as some seem to think...
    Another thing to ask yourself, What other Carrier can you haul freight for that operates box freight can match or do better that what you already have?? What Carrier has the customers that Schneider has?? Wanta work off broker type load boards, try point and click on those??
    I do agree Schneider is a big PAIN, with their new contract from what I read, but most companies change their agreements from time to time..
    All I'm trying to say, is be sure an weigh your options, think things thru before jumping ship... NO Carrier is perfect and Independent Truckers have their own set of problems..
    I still say good luck on your choice, whatever you do... Just an ole retired trucker trying to get you to think... Wish we had computers back in the 70's and 80's like you guys do today... Still haven't figured out the smart phones and tooo ole to learn...

91B20H8, PoleCrusher, FatDaddy and 3 others Thank this.
  8. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks for the advice.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  9. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I'm going to sign an Charlie Mike.

TennMan Thanks this.
  10. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    You will work harder having your own authority. You might have to make 10 calls or more to get that one load. To be honest, I don't see a benefit of having you own authority, when you are a 1 truck operation. Just remember, there is always someone you have to answer too.

TennMan, drvrtech77 and RStewart Thank this.
  11. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Get your own authority and sign on with Schneider Logistics and get a 35% raise...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

TennMan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.