About to become a new O/O..need some advice

Discussion in 'Swift' started by SouthernOrangeman, Jan 9, 2015.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    It all depends on what is in the contract that you sign as far as a lease. Look at Quality Leasing or Roadrunner. If it does not work at one company you can take the truck elsewere

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Quality leasing has 30+ quality certified carriers that you can take the truck to, but you can't buy your own trailer if you decided to run your own authority, and roadrunner has 7 companies you can take the truck to, but you are still limited with either option. I'm not against leasing a truck, i am leasing from Schneider.

4. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    And like you are stuck at SNI, I am pretty much stuck at Swift, but not completely

5. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    I'm not stuck at Schneider, I can take the truck to landstar, mercer, and over a dozen other carriers, Schneider finance will let you take the truck anywhere with a good safety record, and aslong as payments are made on time they aren't strict.

6. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    He's right. The guys that leased a truck from sfi here in socal to the ports have leased to another carrier. It has to be snfi apporoved i believe.

7. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    My contract says I can move mine also. Just needs to be a approved carrier by the lease company and you have to jump through hoops

8. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    How does the program work for by leasing a truck through an approved dealership? I want to know what limitations they have on you? I am looking at one particular model an 2009 international 9900i eagle with a 72in sleeper, and a 13 speed transmission.

9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Perhaps you should READ the contract that you are about to sign?
    Failing the reading comprehension necessary to understand that contract (as most laymen have that failing because they don't speak legal talk), bring it to a lawyer.

Don't fall into an agreement that you don't fully understand just because you like the specs of the truck.

10. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Lease recruiter: "yes, as you can see it has a sleeper with automatic transmission and it gives you 550 horsepower. It's a real good truck. You can make average 7000 dollars a week"

Joe Schmoe: "Can I add a cb? Ok I'll take it!"

3 months later...

Joe Schmoe: "What you mean turn my truck in?! It's my truck dangit!"

DM: "No, sir, you failed to read the contract. It's our truck."

11. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    There's nothing wrong with leasing a truck as long as you don't buy or lease from someone who controls your dispatch. That is the most important rule when it comes to becoming an O/O. Many drivers have had to learn this rule the hard way. Your best bet is to save some money for a down payment(yes you can) get your credit score in order and finance it through your bank or credit union. That's the best advice I can give you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.